Photography Schools/courses

manda

instigator of pottymouthedness
Reaction score
Website
www.lyptonvillage.org
Hi guys
Ive been planning on doing a proper quite intensive course for a while now but Im struggling to find what I want here in Sydney.
Typically it seems all the good photogrpahy schools are in Melbourne and brisbane and not in Sydney.

Anyway Im hoping to travel this year and Ive been thinking about even studying abroad. That sounds so swanky lol

If you have any info about schools or courses in your cities and countries Id be much appreciated. Im thinking New York, London, Dublin, Italy even...

Its just a thought for now but Ive been researching and getting nowhere as there are so many options and I know nothing about any of them.

Thank you if you can help.

best schools would be either Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara, CA or Rochester School of Photography in New York.

sean

Why don't you check with Trish (MD)?
I'm willing to bet he'd have lots of suggestions!

theres nothing here in SC as far as photography but im willing to bet you could teach ME something if you swung down south here...

sorry...i was kinda fed that one.

md

Hey Manda, I'm sure there are a few options in Toronto, but I couldn't really recommend any. I was accepted to the Creative Photography program at Humber College in TO a few years back, but I'm not sure how it is because I opted for the Computer Sciences at another college instead...not sure if it was one of my better decisions in life.

Anyway you should swing over to our side of the ocean. My friend's heading to Sydney to go to school so I think it'd be a fair trade.

The southern institute of technology in Invercargill, New Zealand runs a Diploma in Professional photography, starting next year. It is a awsome school as it has on campus accomodation as well as the zero fee scheme. There are no initaial fees just material costs, which means you end up saving the $10,000 a year that some where like Melbourne or Sydney may ask for.
I am in 11 days moving over there to do a journalism course, and then next year will apply for the D in professional photography, hope this helps.... Vanessa

Most reactions

Back