Photography Website and image gallery scripts

duncanp

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.duncanphilpott.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
does anyone here know of any free good photogrpahy websites?

i also could do with any help for image gallery scripts that use thumbnails and open the image in the same window.

any help is welcome

Thanks

Duncan

Well I don't know about free websites but you can get Gallery (http://gallery.sourceforge.net/). It has all the functions you want to upload and display online albums. Just depends on how you want to do it since it seems more suited to mass amounts of pics as opposed to artistic layout.

thanks, my yahoo album is like that but has unlimited uploads and more features, but i was after something more arty

The HTML I did myself for my site. The gallery format is banana album flash which is free. Just google it. Click on my signature link to see.

I'm not a huge fan of deviant due to the design of the site. there's too many features, buttons and links! The concept of it is brilliant and there are some great images. I stopped uploading pics because i had to go through about 10 pages of options to check before uploading!

If you want something artistic and personal, I would recommend paying for webspace or just a domain. It really isn't that expensive since there is so much competition out there. I'm a student and on a tight budget but paying for mine has been a great investment. Though it does help if you have a friend who can make it for you (it still cost me, just I got a special price!).

As far as free galleries go though, deviant art has probably been the best I've come across as the name's easy to remember and just about everyone uses it!

Try simpleviewer for your gallery; it's free scripting using XML...anything can be scripted via dreamweaver or whatever to open in the same window.

simpleviewer

Doesn't solve the whole website problem but is a nice addition to a site.

JonK said:
Try simpleviewer for your gallery; it's free scripting using XML...anything can be scripted via dreamweaver or whatever to open in the same window.

simpleviewer

Doesn't solve the whole website problem but is a nice addition to a site.

Im using simpleviewer too, its a nice lil gallery! But youd have to have somewhere to install it first ;)

edit: nevermind I basically just said the exact same thing he did :lol:

I have a friend who wrote this nice little gallery script called Passion. I use it for my personal gallery. It's nice and simple, with a basic but nicely functional interface. If you have a webspace with PHP and MySQL, and can understand how to set it up, I would recommend it.

Most reactions

Back