Photography website

Welcome to TPF Sarah! I feel like to go along with the regular crowd, that I ought to take this time to welcome you to TPF,and then proceed to, immediately, "tear you a new one", but I see some other TPF'ers have already done that for me--better than I could have possibly done. If you're still here after three weeks, I bet you'll become a full-fledged newbie member of this site, and your skills will skyrocket. You are, right now I would say, at a point where your skills could go up,up,up VERY QUICKLY with some study,work,and practice, and some really thick,tough skin. As in rhino-hide thick and tough. As you can see, TPF is a rough-and-tumble place. Like the wild west, but without the cheap dime whiskey or the nickel beer, and minus the $2 buy-in poker games...

Christopher... while I agree with you totally, the link you chose does not belong to that individual! ;)

I was referring to her advice to "pump up the exposure." I thought it was funny that someone who doesn't know how to take "professional" photos themselves was recommending it to someone else.

Christopher... while I agree with you totally, the link you chose does not belong to that individual! ;)

I was referring to her advice to "pump up the exposure." I thought it was funny that someone who doesn't know how to take "professional" photos themselves was recommending it to someone else.

I definitely got that part of your post... and again, agree entirely! :) JAMWAC!

Again, we see this strange idea being trotted out that somehow you have to be able to take good photographs to recognize them.

How many novels must I write before I am allowed to say "this is a bad book"?
How many paintings must I paint before I can say "I don't get Jackson Pollack"?
How many cakes must I bake before I am permitted to say "this cake tastes like poop"?
How many children must I have before I can say "your child is cute"?

Again, we see this strange idea being trotted out that somehow you have to be able to take good photographs to recognize them.

How many cakes must I bake before I am permitted to say "this cake tastes like poop"?

As in, if you can't play... be a coach? And if you can't coach... be a referee?

I think the point here is that some people who critique others harshly, should look honestly at their own photos first! You know.. glass houses, rocks... all that jive! :)

Last edited:
Welcome aboard, Sarah.

I's like to give you my opinions. I am strictly a hobbyist, and don't see myself being anything else.
I like the overall look & feel of your web page. It's easy to navigate and is not cluttered as a number of sites are.
I like a number of your photos - I feel they have a decent composition and are interesting. You do need to work on your exposures (strive for consistency) and make sure your horizons are straight.

Good luck.

Hey--that's my schtick from 2009!!!! So, obviously, I agree!!!!

My little red Corvette is up for sale--did you know that???

Most reactions

Back