Photomatrix

dandingo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's my first time using photomatix, or attempting HDR. I shot this image raw. I then opened it in photoshop and adjusted the exposures to -2, 0 and +2 and saved them as three seperate files. I loaded them into photomatix and this is what I came up with. Would this be considered HDR? This may sound like a dumb question but if I can adjust my exposure in raw is it still necesarry to bracket? Also, would you consider that haloing around the top of the trees. I can't make up my mind if it's that or just the way the clouds look. This is just practice but any c&c is welcome.

URL]

and this is the original

URL]

Last edited:
It's my first time using photomatrix, or attempting HDR. I shot this image raw. I then opened it in photoshop and adjusted the exposures to -2, 0 and +2 and saved them as three seperate files. I loaded them into photomatrix and this is what I came up with. Would this be considered HDR? This may sound like a dumb question but if I can adjust my exposure in raw is it still necesarry to bracket? Also, would you consider that haloing around the top of the trees. I can't make up my mind if it's that or just the way the clouds look. This is just practice but any c&c is welcome.

URL]

and this is the original

URL]

Dandingo, welcome to TPF. If you only have a single image, you are wasting you time creating "faux exposures" - it does not give you any additional dynamic range and will often yield a poorer result. You are better off just processing the RAW file in Adobe Camera Raw / Lightroom or you can use HDR s/w like Photomatix to tonemap it. However, it is not a true HDR image.
Regards, Murray

It's my first time using photomatrix, or attempting HDR. I shot this image raw. I then opened it in photoshop and adjusted the exposures to -2, 0 and +2 and saved them as three seperate files. I loaded them into photomatrix and this is what I came up with. Would this be considered HDR? This may sound like a dumb question but if I can adjust my exposure in raw is it still necesarry to bracket? Also, would you consider that haloing around the top of the trees. I can't make up my mind if it's that or just the way the clouds look. This is just practice but any c&c is welcome.

URL]

and this is the original

URL]

Dandingo, welcome to TPF. If you only have a single image, you are wasting you time creating "faux exposures" - it does not give you any additional dynamic range and will often yield a poorer result. You are better off just processing the RAW file in Adobe Camera Raw / Lightroom or you can use HDR s/w like Photomatix to tonemap it. However, it is not a true HDR image.
Regards, Murray

I kind of figured that but always wondered. It seemed too easy.

There is no R in Photomatix! ;)

URL]

and this is the original

URL]

Regards, Murray

pretty much.

Most reactions

Back