Peacock Wall Sculpture, Jaipur

4484483151_8b6ff7297d.jpg

Camera: Canon Digital IXUS 95 IS
Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/160)
Aperture: f/4.9
Focal Length: 18.6 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0 EV

One step back in the case of 2 and that peacock's entire chest would have been in the photo, so it'd have turned out even nicer.

The first looks carefully planned and technically well executed, however I, as a viewer who has never been where this photo was taken, can't really make overly much of it. I see a nice silhouette of buildings and street lights, but as it is composed, to me it all seems a bit confusing.

But maybe "confusing" is GOOD?

thanks La Foto

I actually did just that but I think the over hanging ledges blocked the light so it turned out a bit different and the top of the tail feather area got cut out too :( so I thought the first one was better.. maybe I should have moved around a bit more to get a better spot to shoot from...

4508522280_23fdb13307.jpg

Minds Eye

I like the silhouette look. Especially the black with your golden sun. The gradient of color from the sun to the silhouette is well done. I also like the angle you shot this from.

first one was well composed

I really like #1, #2 doesn't really do much for me. I think it's hard to take a photo of artwork and make it seem original, if that makes sense.

^^ i agree with fokker on that one.

I really like #1, #2 doesn't really do much for me. I think it's hard to take a photo of artwork and make it seem original, if that makes sense.

I think I understand, it sort of becomes a mere reproduction of the artwork ?

Yeah, I think that what I'm getting at is that for it to have any merits as a photograph on it's own it should incorprorate the artwork into the overall composition rather than have it as the sole subject.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back