Photos from 1st fashion photo shoot. Pls Critique!

manacreative

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there,&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;So I stumbled and made a lot of mistakes through this shoot. It was certainly a great learning experience. So here I am stressing/obsessing&lt;br&gt;over the images. Since this is my first fashion shoot I'm not going to be that hard on myself - however, I need some help sifting through&lt;br&gt;the wreckage. I keep going over all of them trying to figure out what I should do - should I create some mood with color and other strange&lt;br&gt;edits or should I just leave things be? Are these poses and expressions interesting or are they boring? I feel like I'm missing more than&lt;br&gt;I'm hitting. So here are a couple of the images (some edited, some not edited) from the shoot. I need some feedback as to whether or not &lt;br&gt;I'm headed in the right direction, if it's boring, too weird or if there's a way to make things work if they're not working.<br><br>
004-M.jpg
<br>
005-M.jpg
<br>
006-M.jpg
003-M.jpg
<br>
002-M.jpg
<br>
001-M.jpg

A little tiny bit of eye=sparkle would really help both of the horizontal shots in the middle of the layout...like on the shot of the redhead...her eyes are simply lifeless and "dead"...same with the brunette in the red dress...her eyes are directed right at the lens, and yet, it's very difficult to literally "see" her eyes...that is not a positive thing....she is making direct eye contact,and yet, it is not fulfilled, thus psychologically kind of bumming the viewer out, as if they had been short-changed at the cash register, to use a metaphor. Many fashion photos are destined to be published as "talls" in magazines...something to keep in mind as you frame your compositions in the field or studio.

Is this really a person? kind of weird copy and paste going on here maybe? <br> and "Hi there,&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;" other junk in the thread.

Hi Derrel,

Thank you so much for your response-I had been trying to figure out what was missing and that helped to clear some things up for me.

Is this really a person? kind of weird copy and paste going on here maybe? <br> and "Hi there,&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;" other junk in the thread.

Yes, I am a real person. I'm somewhat new to forum posting and hit the back button after previewing and it left a bunch of html in my post and was a little bit lazy to remove all of it before posting.

Yes, I am a real person. I'm somewhat new to forum posting and hit the back button after previewing and it left a bunch of html in my post and was a little bit lazy to remove all of it before posting.

Excellent. :)

I am no fashion expert but I could see most or all of these inside of malls and all that good stuff.

Personally im not a fan of #4, the striahgt on head shot with a neutral face and no real expression.

3&4 look underexposed. 3 looks like it in the face, like you metered for the dress and didn't provide enough light to compensate for the face not being totally white and 4 looks just a bit underexposed. A fill light in the face would have helped these two out tremendously.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back