Photos from my intro to photography class at school

I'm new to photos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
08-02-08_2029.jpg
This was taken at the fair in a tilt a whirl ride. My cousin!

11-20-09_1145.jpg

All blue is the table in the background.

11-20-09_1220.jpg

12-07-09_1730.jpg

All the photos look ****y cause i retook them with my cell.

Well, it's impossible to make a comment on a cellphone camera photo of a photo. Upload actual photos please.

All the photos look ****y cause i retook them with my cell.[/quote]

Not trying to be an ass, but you just critiqued them for us.... Can you upload the originals?[/QUOTE]Before you upload more images read:
[URL]http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photography-beginners-forum-photo-gallery/76568-how-post-pictures-use-forum-functions-pictoral-guide-using-tpf.html[/URL] and be sure to resize to no longer than 800 pixels on the long side. Pretty much every photography forum has the same requirement of resizing to no longer than 800 pixels, or less. :thumbup:

A guy in a photography class doesn't know how to upload pictures? It's impossible to critique crappy pictures of *other* pictures.

Oh thank god. I was about to say that you should practice a lot more and study harder. Like the other people have said, we can't help you without the originals. I am assuming that you are using film in your class and do not own a scanner. That would be the only conceivable reason I can think of why you took cell phone pics of your originals. I'm sure the teacher has a scanner that you could use. I haven't used film since 2001 so I am not sure, but if your teacher doesn't have a way give you a digital file then maybe take the negatives to like MotoPhoto or some place like that and see if they can help you.

Edit:
DarekSalem said:
It's impossible to critique crappy pictures of *other* pictures.
I am not sure but here is my attempt. From what I can see in the photos

1. I don't like that part of her face is chopped off and the big white spot on the right side of the frame is distracting.

2. This doesn't appear to have anything interesting in the shot. I see the back of an 18 wheeler and a snow bank.

3. Another boring shot but it seems like it could have potential if there was something that grabbed interest in the trash can.

4. The truck behind her is distracting. The pose seems awkward but it has me wondering what she is looking at so I am kind of interested. I would like to see more space to the right of her face and see the area where she is looking. Take a look at this article and learn about active and dead space. http://digital-photography-school.com/create-active-space-in-your-photography

You want a better critique? Please post the original images.

Last edited:

Oh thank god. I was about to say that you should practice a lot more and study harder. Like the other people have said, we can't help you without the originals. I am assuming that you are using film in your class and do not own a scanner. That would be the only conceivable reason I can think of why you took cell phone pics of your originals. I'm sure the teacher has a scanner that you could use. I haven't used film since 2001 so I am not sure, but if your teacher doesn't have a way give you a digital file then maybe take the negatives to like MotoPhoto or some place like that and see if they can help you.

Edit:
DarekSalem said:
It's impossible to critique crappy pictures of *other* pictures.
I am not sure but here is my attempt. From what I can see in the photos

1. I don't like that part of her face is chopped off and the big white spot on the right side of the frame is distracting.

2. This doesn't appear to have anything interesting in the shot. I see the back of an 18 wheeler and a snow bank.

3. Another boring shot but it seems like it could have potential if there was something that grabbed interest in the trash can.

4. The truck behind her is distracting. The pose seems awkward but it has me wondering what she is looking at so I am kind of interested. I would like to see more space to the right of her face and see the area where she is looking. Take a look at this article and learn about active and dead space. Create Active Space In Your Photography

You want a better critique? Please post the original images.

Thanx for the advice from all yes i know it's hard to post an original from a pinhole camera but no worries im getting a camera for christmas

facepalm.jpg

MAD props for trying GFred, id thank you but thank isnt working for me atm :p, gj though, i cant see ****

Most reactions

New Topics

Back