photos from st. louis / funky industrial

brandonvoges

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.native411.com
ok, i'm obviously bad at "subject" lines, i apologize. These are the pics i promised last night. Again, these are my first pics with my Canon 10D...i'm just a rookie, so please let me have it. :D any and all feedback welcome, i look up to you pros out there and appreciate the advice. i really want to get better. figured putting all these in one string was better than a bunch of posts, sorry if its too many. thanks again... - brandon

tankerfence
tankerfence.jpg

billboardback
billboardback.jpg

birdstairs
birdstairs.jpg

boatbike
boatbike.jpg

eadsbridge
eadsbridge.jpg

eaglefence
eaglefence.jpg

metalwall
metalwall.jpg

tankertanks
tankertanks.jpg

thanks again,
Brandon

looks interesting, nice composition, but my screen here at work is kind dark and so are your pics... i'll have another look at them at home

cheers, CBAS

cool pics! and i love the titles.. :) brilliant!

I'm going to be really cheeky now and say i don't suppose you've got the metalwall as a bigger image i could use as a desktop? I've been using nukie's whirlpool image for a while but it's nice to have a change occasionally.. :)

Brandon,

Welcome to the forum.

I like industrial photography: give me a concrete overpass rather then a quaint vine covered fence anyday. I'm not one of the pros that you mentioned, but may I comment anyway?

Your photos show angles that add interest, and the colour in tankerfence with that blue of the sky and the rust of the tanker body is great, but I feel that the photo could use a bit more open sky or a focal point. Also, some of the photos could be sharper, especially the bridge pic. My favorate of these is tankertanks, because it tells a bit of a story.

By the way, your www is a laid back and well written visual treat.

I look forward to more of your posts, and hopefully some of your comments.

Shubin, thanks for the feedback. your comment about the sharpness of the bridge is right on, and the focus of the tankerfence is great too. things i need to know and work on. thank you.

and thanks for the props on my site...I just finished it a month or so ago, and put a ton of time into it. i'm glad you enjoyed it.

btw - Love the style of your images on your site, they are right up my alley. Great textures and content. Huge fan of the "dropshot"....that was sweet. can't wait to explore more when i get some time, i bookmarked it.

Holy Cow, I checked out your website and you are a huge talent.

lksjdfl;kajs;odi;aslkdjflksdj...

sorry, my head is getting so big that its too heavy to hold up...it keeps hitting my keyboard. :D

thank you so much. i really appreciate it.

kewlies, these photos are treats!
i love tankerfence... loved the use of complementary colours and the blurry fence foreground.
i like the subtleness of bird fence... looks like the bird has a slight 'spotlight' on it -- photoshop?
good good stuff.

Mark

photoshop it is...actually, all my photos have taken a little work. i do my best to keep the integrity of the original shot, and try to enhance what i can. its also good for covering up mistakes that a rookie like myself seem to make quite often. :D

soooo much fun. i love this.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back