Photos of Me: Use in My Portfolio?

bugsbunny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
l_ea85d03c3172b552a9c4c29dee3c6b5a.jpg

Luka Magnotta

Please Let me know what photos I should use in my portfolio and what ones I shouldnt, what are agents looking for and what are they not looking for. Should they be in black and white?

shane30330.jpg

Luka Magnotta

shane30335.jpg

Luka Magnotta

shane30362.jpg

Luka Magnotta
shane30385.jpg

photosshane430.jpg

Luka Magnotta
photosshane48.jpg

Oh, I have these ones in black and white too........ I need some constructive critisism. Please help me edit, I would really appreciate it.

photosshane428.jpg

Luka Magnotta

love3-1.jpg

love84-1.jpg

Portfolio for what?

A few of them are blown out from the flash, and a few others are a little out of focus. (The eyes really need to be in focus...)

I think the fourth one in your first post (red jacket & hat) is the best.

yeah Josh has got some valid points. the flash is making your photos seem overexposed in areas/ or in some cases its just a reflection. But other then that i like them. Good composition and subject mater!

Keep on shooting!
nolan,

I agree with the above post. The problem is that if you took them yourself, the eyes will be hard to focus since you can't see through the viewfinder and stand in front of the camera at the same time. The alternative is that someone else helps take them, but then you are not entitled to take credit.

I think they would rather see portraits of other people due to this dilemma, unless you are doing this for modeling. In that case, I would specify that in your original post, and have the person taking the pictures get better at focusing/lighting.

To be honest, it seems a bit pretentious. But it may be universally accepted to do things this way, I don't know.

+1

I don't know why you'd submit a portfolio of self ports to show off photography work. Seems a little self-centric.

is this for modeling or photo?
i think im confused....could you elaborate a bit?

and i think leaving out the first one from either case would be ideal.

The first in the set are not portfolio worthy. Eyes aren't in focus, the first has some weird photoshop chopping, others over exposed and blown out.

The one with the red jacket and black hat and maybe the one with the tight black hoodie are somewhat usable, but really, for a photo portfolio, I'd go with shots of other people. Maybe include 1 self portrait, but no more and it would have to be very very good and stand out, which I don't think any of these are

Assuming this is for modeling, and not photography, the one with the red jacket/hat is the only "decent" one. The rest are junk. You don't strike me as a model anyways. When I look at these, I feel like I am watching American Idol auditions where everyone thinks they are the best around, when in reality, it hurts to watch. I just see these as someone who is way too into themselves, not as modeling photo's.

To be honest, it seems a bit pretentious. But it may be universally accepted to do things this way, I don't know.
I don't know which is more pretentious, posting 10 images of yourself in various states of disrobe or typing "Luka Magnotta" before or after nearly every one of them. Let's not mention putting Luka Magnotta in your signature line as if we didn't catch it the first 6 or 7 times.

:D

one of the images is copyright nicholas monaco....

whats the scoop here?

cmon OP...let's have it.:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back