Photos taken at the local park of the holiday displays and lights for C&C. Thanks

photo guy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are some of my new night photos for C&C please.. I went down to my local park to look at the Christmas Village display as they call it and decided to do some night photography. I have done a lot of night photography this year but not of this magnitude as I am still learning. Thanks and enjoy.

1. Photo looking at the main bridge you cross to get into the main zoo area

2. Photo looking at the duck pond displays

3. Photo taken from the duck pond looking towards the main bridge that you cross to get into the main zoo area

4. random photo taken from just into the park

I think tighter crops would work better, they're really distant.

Thank you BekahAura for the comment. This is only my 2nd time in a number of years trying to photograph at the park during the holiday season. I do have some closer ones if you would like to see them.

Thank you blackrose89. I only have a few that were zoomed in on while I took them. I will put a couple of them up later tonight or sometime later in the week when I get a minute. I will also try to get back to the park to try and retake some photos.

Each of your photos has large amounts of empty black space. While some negative space can be powerful, these simply appear to be in need of some cropping. To avoid this blackness, you need to shoot shortly after sunset. You have about a 15 minute window where you can properly expose Christmas lights against the dusk sky without it being too bright or too dark.

Here are a few of the closer photo that I took the same night. I will again tomarrow to get some new photos as I have nothing planned then. Thank You again to everyone for your C&C.

5. Walking path in front of the duck pond.

6. Looking at walking path in front of the duck pond.

7. Photo in old campground area

Thank you bazooka, I will check it out. I can't do photos tomarrow like planned since work called and needs me tomarrow night now so I will do it Saturday when I know I am off for the holiday weekend. The park has the light lit nightly until Dec. 31st so I still have some time to try what you and others are recommending. Once I get some new ones, I will post them. Thanks Again.

Thank You BekahAura. As soon as I get some new shots this weekend I will post them.

3 is my fave! I also like number one! For a second try...pretty cool!

#1 in the first set is also interesting...I'm not sure if it might be a little underexposed as well and yet it is night, so you would want it to be dark.

Most reactions

Back