Photo's that are sticky

JamieLee2k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Over the years ever since I was born my grandad took photo's of the family each and every one of us, I have a collection of about 300 photo's in which some are in an album and some are loose, I have bought this album but it's just a card album in which I am sticking them into the book and it's starting to look really nice but there is a problem which I can't fix.

When my grandad took the photo's years ago he taped some of them into an album and now I am moving them into a new album when I take the pictures out the photo's are all sticky and when I turn the pages they all stick to each other so what I am asking is, if there is a way to take the sticky off the photo's without ruining them?

I know that lighter fluid is great at taking sticky glue off things that are left behind by tape (as in ur case). However, I have no idea if it will ruin the picture or not. Maybe you could try it on one that you wouldn't mind losing, or maybe someone else can tell you if it will ruin the pic or not.

-Matt

I would avoid using anything petroleum based. maybe try citrus based to start with on one that you don't mind testing on.

Those citrus cleaners will make the book smell like oranges forever. At least the ones I've used on things before have done that. Really powerful stuff. Maybe a lightly damp cloth?

thanks for the advice, all of the pictures I need but I have to sort it somehow.

My advice would be to scan them and reprint them. Then you have the digital files to archive the shots and you'll get fresh prints.

Most reactions

Back