Photos too grey?

Weaving Wax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been doing a lot in B+W and I recently did some stuff at night, but the color contrast isn't all that great and just seems...grey..

367333125_16c67ed064_b.jpg

It's pretty sharp, but they GREY...

Opinions? Suggestions?

Thanks!

I am by far no expert on the digital processing but I think it just needs more contrast... It looks a lot like a color short that was turned black and white but I don't know that. Anyway I added some contrast and it looked much better. Also it appears to be over exposed for my taste. I raised the contrast, put it through my black and white filter kit, then lowered the gamma and it looks much better

Looks a little over exposed to me.
See if you can work with the brigtness level and contrast a bit

If you have PhotoShop, You will find it best to shoot in color and then convert in channel mixer. You can choose which channel is the strongest, red, green or blue. Chance it over and then do all kinds of things with curves.
Cosmo

Thanks!

The picture was taken in black & white and was not converted to B+W in photoshop. I was surprised to turned out the way it did. It might have something to do with the scans.. I just looked at my print and I looked again at the posted image and the contrast is MUCH better. Maybe I should just buy a scanner and scan in the prints rather than getting a CD with them. I've had my photos developed at a few places and the scans always look like crap compared to the prints.

Anyone know any good scanners that won't cost and arm and a leg?

Thanks again!

do you want a scanner to do the film or the prints.... If you want film I bought a plustex 4800 new a few weeks ago for a hundred dollars. I either develope my own negs or have just negs done at the lab....

For the plustek if you want to take a look try tiger direct or newegg but it is a flatbed and you might want to go with a dedicated film scanner. There are some of those for about the same money. I use various size negs so the flatbed was better for me.

For prints I use a canon lide 25 resolution to 1200 dpt cost about fifty bucks new.

Well, I want to get as close to the print as I can with the scan. I can't develop my own negs...

Sorry, I need to take time to answer follow up questions!

Most reactions

Back