Photoshoot ideas/advice

kirbym2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Everyone,

Friend has asked to do a "cakesmash" photo shoot for her daughter's birthday. She's seen some of the work I've done, and would love to have me do the work. I'm happy to do the shoot for free (for the experience - I definitely need it ;) ), as I'm still new to this whole world.

Looking for any advice. I've mentioned in past threads that I'm working on mastering the flash. We're going to be indoors, and will be in the evening (due to schedules). No natural light. Figuring I'll have some room to work (but not much). Probably have a subject to camera distance of about 10 ft or so.

Was going to use my flash off camera. Would you recommend bouncing it, or to shoot off-camera, but pointing at the subject?

I've seen many examples, but not a lot on the "how-to" side of things. I don't have a backdrop, so anticipating that we'll do the shoot on the floor, with the wall as a backdrop. Obviously my goal will be to keep things as clutter free as possible so as to eliminate distractions.

Thanks everyone!

Bounce it off a reflector on the subject and another to bounce some light into the shadows, or get an umbrella and stand and fire at 45 to subject and 45 up from subject and a reflector opposite to bounce some light into the shadows

Most reactions

New Topics

Back