Photoshoot w/ some pro models C&C

Lynnzora

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, I told you guys about the photoshoot that I had set up with some professional models this past Friday. I'm attaching some pictures from that. Let me know what you think HONESTLY. I believe all of your critiques (positive & negative) has enabled me to really take some better photos but by all means I know I'm not perfect and have a ways to go. I'm still learning about all of the camera settings and what they mean on my k20d.... Anyway, here we go. Please give your honest opinion about the photos and how I can make them better.

Also I've been playing with ideas of how I want to sign my photos. So comment on that but realize that I can easily take it off and it's not a permanent part of the photos.

#1.
Web1.jpg

Web2.jpg

#3.
CharlieHeadshot.jpg

Shaunaheadshot.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Lynn:heart:

I Like the first one, #2 in my opinion would have looked better without the model on the right he kinda looks like umm he is staring at her chest also I believe you can see abit of her bra showing as well. #3 & #4 I like a lot but a bit dark in my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt I am a noob as well :)
By the way did you pay them to model for you and how much did it cost?

First two could have used a little more light on the subjects. It's a little flat with them being exposed the same as the background.

3&4 have terrible shadows from the flash being on camera.

I Like the first one, #2 in my opinion would have looked better without the model on the right he kinda looks like umm he is staring at her chest also I believe you can see abit of her bra showing as well. #3 & #4 I like a lot but a bit dark in my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt I am a noob as well :)
By the way did you pay them to model for you and how much did it cost?

Cool Thanks. I'll see if I can fix it using photoshop... I didn't use the flash most of the time. I bought a cheap flash that ended up not working on the day of so I had to use mine in some instances...

Yeah I only paid $20 per model for gas money along with a dvd of the entire shoot.

Those are some nice shots! #1 looks like a clothing company advertisement. It's my favorite along with #4. I don't really see anything wrong with the photos apart from a dirty shirt in #2 and a slight underexposure in #4. I still prefer the original than the brightened up version. Well done!

What are your aims with this photoshoot? These feel like they couldn't make up their mind what genre they belonged in, with hints of senior photos and glamor and snapshot all thrown together. You would be well served to develop a clear idea of what you're trying to portray then direct your models to fill those roles.

#1 there is some nice light behind them but none on them
#2 no light again and i can see a bit of bra, it's small details like the bra that you have to watch for
#3 the best one but look a bit too flashed
#4 too dark and soft on the eyes where you should focus

Most reactions

New Topics

Back