Photoshop 7 help needed

D-50

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently obtained a copy of photoshop 7.0. I have never used photoshop and am finding the whole thing confusing. Does anyone know a location where I can find help on using Photoshop?

or

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/076453694X/sr=8-1/qid=1140212884/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-6352982-5856651?%5Fencoding=UTF8"]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/076453694X/sr=8-1/qid=1140212884/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-6352982-5856651?%5Fencoding=UTF8[/ame]

depending on your level of understanding. tutorials will never compete with books.

Paperback: 1080 pages

Wow!

Thats a good poitn about a book vs. tutorials. Having something you can go back to a later can be very helpful. Quite often I may see something in a tutorial I want to use but can not find again.

Dweller said:
Thats a good point about a book vs. tutorials. Having something you can go back to a later can be very helpful. Quite often I may see something in a tutorial I want to use but can not find again.

Save it to your hard drive then. I've done that with many tutorials I liked. I've learned much more from tutorials online than books.

yeah thats a good idea. Usually I just bookmark it thinking I will eb able to find it again but then I end up with so many bookmarks that I forget where I saw it. Maybe I should start printing tutorials in PDF or something so I have them easily available.

Photoshop looks daunting, but don't let it frustrate you. Keep in mind that most photographers utilize only a fraction of what the program is capable of.

A few areas to study to get you rolling:

New Adjustment Layers (very important)
Levels
Color Balance
Hue and Saturation
Unsharp Mask

Thanks for the insight. I tend to do all my sharpening curve manipulations and general photo enhancments in Nikon capture on my Raw files. I use Photoshop more for artistic stuff, i.e. extracting selective coloring. Are the photo enhancing features in photoshop better than those of Nikon capture?

What do you mean you can do them selectively and blend them? Are you talking about using layer masks and enhancing the photo on different layers? i.e. adjust the saturation on one layer, the curves on another, and the shapening on another and then blend the three layers together? Im still not 100% on blending and opacity but Im learning.

There's lots of ways you can do things selectively. If you use an adjustment layer, it will have a layer mask on it, and you can mask off parts of the image, so the effect of the layer, whatever it may be (color balance, curves, channel mixer, etc..) will only effect parts of the image. Each layer has a blending mode, which changes the way the layer effects the rest of the image, which can be used to enhance contrast, or soften the image, among other things.

Most reactions

Back