Photoshop and Printing Images HELP Please

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone i just had a shoot of a family of 3 and they are looking for some prints of the photos i would like to know if anyone can help me with this matter and guide me on what i need to do so they can have great quality prints. im using photoshop cs6 this is the first time a client ask me to print photos. so i really dont know what to do thank you all for the help.

Printing is one of the cornerstones of our trade; do you not feel that you're putting the cart rather far in front of the horse taking on paying clients and not being able to provide the most basic services? That said, the process couldn't be more simple: Crop to the desired print size, save as highest quality/resolution .jpg and e-mail/ftp to your lab for printing.

this one i didn't charge since i said i was still learning i wasn't going to take any money they said it was fine that i can use the photos for my own use as long as i gave them great quality prints from the photos of their choice

For the labs I use (Millers and ProDPI) I don't have to crop. I just export the highest quality JPEG, load it into their ROES software, select the print size I want and then position the photo into that size. (That explanation isn't that good... I wish I could show you). Anyway...its really easy no matter which method you use.

Wyogirl do they have that program for a mac?? thank you so much it seems very easy

ROES is a program from the photo lab for ordering. Yes they have a mac version. Both labs require you to register and they have to approve your registration. It can take a few days before you are good to go.

this one i didn't charge since i said i was still learning i wasn't going to take any money they said it was fine that i can use the photos for my own use as long as i gave them great quality prints from the photos of their choice
Ahh... okay; don't forget the important little details! ;) As Wyo said most good labs have a ROES type application, and it's normally platform indepent since they're java-based. BUT... take note of the fact that she mentioned the approval process. Some labs are more strict than others about what whom they will accept. You may want to consider an on-line consumer lab such as MPIX, which is well regarded for it's quality.

thank you tirediron i will give MPIX a chance also they said it was really no rush for the prints. does MPIX have a downloadable software also

MPIX is a division of Millers which is a pro lab. They are a very good consumer lab. They use a web based ordering system so you will upload your high quality JPEGs to their website and order from there. Its pretty easy. It works a lot like other (lower quality) online ordering photo labs.

Printing is one of the cornerstones of our trade; do you not feel that you're putting the cart rather far in front of the horse taking on paying clients and not being able to provide the most basic services? That said, the process couldn't be more simple: Crop to the desired print size, save as highest quality/resolution .jpg and e-mail/ftp to your lab for printing.

They're not paying, it's not even free ... she's compensating the "clients" :) .

They're not paying, it's not even free ... she's compensating the "clients" :) .

????????????? THAT information only became available/known AFTER Tirediron posted his reply.
The OP did mention "client" and so I think Tirediron's response was perfectly understandable.
What is NOT understandable is your post.

Just go to Mpix, upload your jpegs and order your prints. The pro labs like Millers and such have a minimum ($10 or $15). Not really worth it if they are only getting say 2 8x10's for 1.99 each.

i want to provide the best quality prints the first time will be free ( not for all clients) this family is a good friend of mine also that is why im doing it for free and it helps me build more clients they show proofs of the photo shoot to their family and friends and everyone loved the photos so i know that they will be giving me more clients so i do not mind giving a couple of free prints. also i went with ProDPI i signed up and gave them a sample of my work for printing. Thank you so much for the answers everyone.

If you want to make sure your customer gets high quality prints you need to start with high quality photographs that have been properly prepared for printing.
To get from shutter release to a high quality print involves man steps and considerations.

What type of print are you wanting made? C-prints or inkjet prints?
With what finish? Matte, glossy, canvas.
Do you want the prints coated so they're protected from UV light and fingerprints?
Will the prints be framed by your customer?
Will the framed prints have a mat in front of the print so the glazing (glass or acrylic) doesn't touch the print?
If so it helps a great deal if the print is not made all the way to the edge of the print paper (full bleed) and has a blank border.

Tutorials on Color Management & Printing
The Digital Negative: Raw Image Processing in Lightroom, Camera Raw, and Photoshop
The Digital Print: Preparing Images in Lightroom and Photoshop for Printing
Adobe Photoshop CS6 for Photographers: A professional image editor's guide to the creative use of Photoshop for the Macintosh and PC
Fine Art Printing for Photographers: Exhibition Quality Prints with Inkjet Printers

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back