Photoshop Artwork

Modifeye

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wanted to create a thread for members to post photoshop work for critique. Surreal artwork is a passion of mine and I would love to see other peoples work! Anyway, I was working on a piece today that is pretty much complete and wanted some input. Cheers!

$Road_line-web.jpg

Shade and shadow. If you were turned toward the light, your shadow would not be falling across the main point of interest.

Yeah I realized this when I got home :( I can perhaps reduce the shadow a little bit.

The only nit I would pick is where the shadow of the ribbon intersects the shadow of the figure, the two should blend into one shadow. It should be as dark as the darker of the two shadows (in this case the ribbon) and the edge of the figure's shadow should not be visible where they intersect.

Thanks for the input guys, what about this? Cleaned up the shadows.

$Road_line-web.jpg

I know, from seeing your facebook page, that this work requires at least 2 different shots to make. Would you mind sharing the other shots that you used to make this edit?

My only gripe, minus the shadows that were fixed, is the blandness of the overall image. With your other work, its very dramatic, but I feel the colors/contrast/etc in this image are less than desirable.

I really enjoy your work OP, keep it coming....

Final:

$Road_line-web.jpg

and the shots behind it:

$Road_lineCOMP.jpg

Geaux: Thanks for the input but this is intended! I wanted to go for something as real as possible without any popping effects or filters. I dimmed it all down to create a very simple scene. I get what you mean though, I'm just trying new things :)

Thanks everyone for their thoughts, I love criticism.

Last edited:
Wanted to create a thread for members to post photoshop work for critique.
TPF has an entire forum for the C&C of Photoshop work;

Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery
A place to show off your post processing skills, with explanations on how you achieved the results, including specialty images such as HDR. Share information and techniques using Adobe's Photoshop and other popular graphics software

I love it when I see images that portray unusual ideas I would have gone to my grave never having thought of, like this one. Apart from the "lane cutting", is it a bit bland? Sure, but my focus is mostly on the concept and less on the aesthetics; (not equipped to critique the execution.) Wonder how it might have turned out with you dressed as a gardener, or some sort of shaman, or possibly a shaman gardener. ;)

I wouldnt call it final until you fix the boring background and sky :) I enjoy the cropped shot in the comp because of it.

I'm surprised to see so much attention for the background, you guys are killin' me! haha. I personally love the setting of it, I wanted something verrryy basic with not much going on, I didn't want to distract the viewer from the concept. It's very simple, I like it. I suppooseee I could add a few clouds, but this one is a wrap for now. lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back