Photoshop Camera Raw settings

SBlanca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
stefanoblancaphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi guys, I've been using photoshop's camera raw to convert my raw files for a while but i recently noticed that without even touching any settings, just converting straight with the factory settings, some changes ARE made to the photo, it seems like photos are a little brighter. my question is: what do i need to do so my files are converted straight without any changes (like iphoto does)?cheers.

You need to remember that a raw file isn't even a photo/picture yet. So what you see 'before' when you view a raw file, is an embedded jpeg preview that the camera saved along with the raw.

Once the raw file is processed into an image, it may not look like the preview.
So it's not necessarily that changes are being made to the raw file...it's more like you comparing two different things.
Or another way to put it, is that 'changes' have to be made to the raw file...because it's not really an image until it gets processed.

hi guys, I've been using photoshop's camera raw to convert my raw files for a while but i recently noticed that without even touching any settings, just converting straight with the factory settings, some changes ARE made to the photo, it seems like photos are a little brighter. my question is: what do i need to do so my files are converted straight without any changes (like iphoto does)?cheers.

Every raw processor does that and they all do it a little differently.

You can set custom default settings in Camera Raw's panels.

CameraRawDefaultSettings.jpg

You can set custom default settings in Camera Raw's panels.

CameraRawDefaultSettings.jpg

Thanks for the reminder. I am finding myself doing 1-3 things consistently on each raw I open up, before I actually start the processing portion,...I knew there was a way to set it up to have it done automatically...I just keep forgetting to do it. This post reminded me to stop being lazy.

By the way. That flyout menu option is a feature ACR 7 Camera Raw has, that ACR 7 LR 4 Develop module doesn't have.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back