PhotoShop Challenge!!

I believe once you change the image more than 10% it's no longer copyrighted... I may be mistaken.

I worked at Kinko's for 8 years and have been to MANY copyright classes. You cannot use the Apple *as is* without written permission, however, if it's altered more than 10% (such as the strawpple image :D ) than it's fine.

Boy, you certainly warped the law. :lol:

Let me rephrase that COPYING more than 10% of a work is a violation of copyright. You cannot change anything until you first copy the original and that is the violation.

skieur

Last edited:
Boy, you certainly warped the law. :lol:

CHANGING MORE than 10% of a work violates copyright.

skieur

And I didn't warp the law... it's what I was taught! So don't be pointin' any fingers at me. Point them at Kinko's.... :er:

So then there ya have it.... they must have updated the laws since I've been there.

So is there a certain percentage you HAVE to change on photo before its considered a new image?

is this apple copyrighted?

And I didn't warp the law... it's what I was taught! So don't be pointin' any fingers at me. Point them at Kinko's.... :er:

So then there ya have it.... they must have updated the laws since I've been there.

I took a few law classes too (one taught by a famous Federal Court judge) and that's what I was taught too. For Software it's 20% code difference though. And this is how Bill Gates beat the CPM law suit when he ripped off a custom version of CMP and sold it to IBM as MS DOS 1.0.

If there is an excepted agreement not to modify the image however then this is changed obviously.

Last edited:
Anyway we are not selling these so I don;t feel any guilt. I apparently commit copyright infringement getting my photo scans of the walmart cds anyway. (I have to hack them because they are buggy.)

Outside of the professional (for pay) arena I use all resources at my disposal. As soon as there's an exchange of goods, services, or coin I go completely straight tho.

You are joking!:lol::lol::lol: That has been the law for the last half century of so in the US, Canada, and in many other places.

skieur

The copyright law says that you cannot copy a work OR a substantial part of a work. A substantial part of a work is defined as 10%.

To put it in even clearer English: If you copy more than 10% of a work you have violated the copyright law. It is that simple.

skieur

Most reactions

Back