Photoshop CS3 vs Lightroom 2.0?

settons

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is a big difference between Photoshop and Lightroom.

I already have photoshop (not a pro or anything) and have access to Lightroom, is it worth installing? Does it do things that CS3 doesn’t do?

Thanks,

D

The two aren't comparable. One is an image editing program that happens to work with photos, the other is a photography work flow program that happens to do some light post processing work.

No, don't get lightroom, it's aweful, you can try the 30 day free trial from adobe, I did and I hate it, it's very slow and very limited and what it lets you do. Nothing compares to Photoshop

im disagree
i use lightroom 2.0 more than i use photoshop now especially now it has brushes

i love it definately install it IMO!

Love lightroom. perfect for the photographer.

If you are more involved with photomanipulation editing and graphic arts, you'll want to go with photoshop.

Totally different products that cannot be compared.

No, don't get lightroom, it's aweful, you can try the 30 day free trial from adobe, I did and I hate it, it's very slow and very limited and what it lets you do. Nothing compares to Photoshop

Of course it doesn't compare to photoshop, it's not supposed to, it's supposed to work with photoshop.

I use it all the time, it's great for viewing and making global adjustments to photos, and then if you need to do selective adjustments you can easily bring it into photoshop and save it right back to lightroom. I would still download a trial though, it will give you a good sense of whether or not the program suits you. It's always a great idea to try software first if you can since 99.9% of the time it is not returnable.

i love lightroom and will never use anything else.. but you cant compare it to photoshop.. they are 2 totally different applications.... they work nicely together...

Agreed about using both, install it. Lightroom is a really good photo organizer/storer and basic editor, do the basical stuff (colors, white balance etc) in lightroom and if it needs more detailed editing, open it up in photoshop.

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is a big difference between Photoshop and Lightroom.

I already have photoshop (not a pro or anything) and have access to Lightroom, is it worth installing? Does it do things that CS3 doesn’t do?

Thanks,

D

They work together, what one does well the other does poorly and vice versa.

I don't know I came down on Lightroom a little harsh but I much rather use photoshop for tweaking my pictures rather than lightroom, you can take the pictures much further without losing any quality or getting noise, plus the shadow and highlight tool is GREAT in photoshop, you can take a waay over exposed picture and bring it back. The biggest downside to photoshop is the cost, it's kind of ridiculous but once you use it you can tell that they must have put lots of research and testing into to get it right, and they got it dead on.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back