Photoshop CS5 weird behavior with RAW (.NEF) adjustments

xj0hnx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I'm not sure where to put this, if this isn't good, can a mod move it please.

Yesterday when I was processing a couple pictures I noticed that when working in the "Detail" tab, it will not apply Preview unless I am holding a slider, but only if I am at 49% or less magnification, 50% or greater and it applies Preview fine. This wouldn't be a big deal, but the pictures I am working on I really need to be able to see the effects of sharpening/noise reduction on the whole thing. Is this a "feature", or a bug, some setting I may have tripped somewhere?

It used to be only visible at 100%.

If you get into the Photoshop bible and really get to digging you'll find that you are only seeing the adjustments correctly that you are on the tab for, the rest is a rough estimation and at that it's not exactly a true rendering of all adjustments combined until you are in photoshop. Which makes little to no sense to me, but the un-true rendering sure looks pretty good overall to me so I am ok with it. Or maybe it's years of doing this that has taught me what I SHOULD be seeing? Kind of like your eye adjusting for light color? I dunno!

If you get into the Photoshop bible and really get to digging you'll find that you are only seeing the adjustments correctly that you are on the tab for, the rest is a rough estimation and at that it's not exactly a true rendering of all adjustments combined until you are in photoshop. Which makes little to no sense to me, but the un-true rendering sure looks pretty good overall to me so I am ok with it. Or maybe it's years of doing this that has taught me what I SHOULD be seeing? Kind of like your eye adjusting for light color? I dunno!

Ah-ha! That explains it. I've wondered why when I am done making adjustments and open the image into PS it is a little off from what I was seeing. That's kind of annoying though, especially if you are new to it, how are you supposed to know that and make adjustments accordingly?

I always thought the same thing. Open to PS as a smart object. You can then go back to ACR and tweak everything that doesn't quite look perfect by double clicking on the image in your layers pallet.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back