Photoshop CS6 does not open; Crashes immediately???

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As my title indicates, I just installed CS6 on my home computer and it will not open. Period. I just get the "encountered error" problem from MS and "send error report" window. Adobe Bridge CS6 does the same thing after opening for a few minutes.

HELP!

What is going on and how do I fix this?

Uninstall CS 6.

Clean your computer's registry. (save a copy of the deleted registry entries)

Run anti-virus and anti-malware software.

Re-install CS 6

Try googling the error given in the "send MS error message" window. There are way to many possible causes for anybody to be able to give you a good answer based on the information given.

Keith, if I knew how to clean the registry, I'd be a much better person. But that's beyond my technical expertise.

I tried using CCleaner 1x and jacked up my computer. Never again.

You have to watch out using "catch all" registry cleaners. Sometimes they will mark a registry key invalid and it won't be.

Registry cleaning should be done at least every 6 months. However, for the average user, you need to take your computer into an expert to have it done. Messing with the registry is serious business.

First off is your computer minum spec for cs6? Did you install from a disk or from a download, if it's a download it might havebeen corrupted during the download.
Have you contacted Adobe yet? [h=3]Windows[/h]
  • Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor
  • Microsoft® Windows® XP* with Service Pack 3 or Windows 7 with Service Pack 1
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 1GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage devices)
  • 1024x768 display (1280x800 recommended) with 16-bit color and 256MB (512MB recommended) of VRAM
  • OpenGL 2.0–capable system
  • DVD-ROM drive
  • This software will not operate without activation. Broadband Internet connection and registration are required for software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.† Phone activation is not available.

[h=3]Mac OS[/h]
  • Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
  • Mac OS X v10.6.8 or v10.7. Adobe Creative Suite 3, 4, 5, 5.5, and CS6 applications support Mac OS X Mountain Lion (v10.8) when installed on Intel based systems.**
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 2GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)
  • 1024x768 display (1280x800 recommended) with 16-bit color and 256MB (512MB recommended) of VRAM
  • OpenGL 2.0–capable system
  • DVD-ROM drive
  • This software will not operate without activation. Broadband Internet connection and registration are required for software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.† Phone activation is not available.

Windows is a paragon of rubustness and stability.

I tried using CCleaner 1x and jacked up my computer. Never again.
I use CCleaner daily, and have for about 3 years now.

I don't use it daily but I do every month or two, or more if I've been installing a lot of temporary software. So far I've never had it throw me a curve either, and will continue to use it.

I bought the software from B&H and installed from a disc. I will give Adobe a call and see if they can help. In the meantime, I've already been looking at getting a new box from Dell. I'm a PC guy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back