photoshop elements 8

talltexan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay , just got my computer and a copy of Photoshop Elements 8. In a nut shell , I'm LOST!!!!! Anyone that can point me to a good book or online tutorial would be greatly appreciated. I have taken some decent photos but have very little knowledge (if any) on how to manipulate and then save. I also want to know how I can get them from photoshop to my computer (after editing) so i can use them as desktop back grounds. Currentley when I save after editing all I see is a big blue PSE file and no picture. LOL any help please?

Thanks , Brent

:mrgreen: thank you very much. I looked at some of the videos. They helped out a lot.

Thanks again,

Brent

Brent, I also have PSE8. I bought a book from Barnes and Noble and have learned so much in a short amount of time. Invest in a book!

I've found Scott Kelby's books to be pretty good.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Photoshop-Elements-Digital-Photographers-Voices/dp/0321660331/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269997462&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: The Photoshop Elements 8 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter) (9780321660336): Scott Kelby, Matt Kloskowski: Books[/ame]

:D excellent , thanks alot. I checked out the book on Amazon and it looks like what I need. I appreciate everyone for taking the time to reply very much.

Thanks again , Brent

Brent, I also have PSE8. I bought a book from Barnes and Noble and have learned so much in a short amount of time. Invest in a book!
Which book???

I have been watching several videos on youtube and learned quite a bit from them.

Which book???

I have been watching several videos on youtube and learned quite a bit from them.

The Kelby one mentioned above. I got it in-store 20% off :)

Keith
Do you sleep?
Thanks for the link to the forum!

this might help ----> Photoshop tutorials: Photoshop Elements tutorials
as well as a book called photoshop elements 8 for dummys( never ead it but I hear its very helpful for beginners
The elements books for dummy's are great, and can have you up and doing just about everything in a relatively short time.

I think most people who shun it, are embaressed by the title, and aren't going to be seen carrying a "dummies" book, and possibly be considered less than an expert. As well, it's not only just good for beginners, it would make a darned good reference book for anyone, who doesn't have a photographic (no pun intended) memory.

Actually its nearly 700 pages, and you can jump in anywhere depending on your current skill level. I actually use it as a "reference". I jump around, depending on what I'm trying to do, rather than front to last page. But you can go either way. Tons of color before/after with explanation shots, lot's of screen shots, etc. Some of the others I've tried, seem to cater to people who don't need them in the first place.

Just my opinion, but you can check it out at your local bookstore, browse, and decide if it's for you, or not.

J.:mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back