Photoshop Exporting High Res Images To Burn On A CD/DVD

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone my client just ask me to burn the images high res on a cd/dvd all my files are raw images. i would like to give them all the images already edited high res on a cd/dvd. please can someone help me exporting these images out of photoshop into a cd/dvd at high res. thank you all

I would export them at their full,native size, with the pixels per inch set to 360, and export them as high-resolution .JPG images with the quality level set to 11.

I would have to go in the image resize menu to change that DPI to 360 correct??

It's PPI, not DPI. The terms are not interchangeable and have different meanings.

Note that PPI is the term Photoshop uses, and yes you would use the Image Size dialog in Photoshop.

So i would change the PPI To 360 in photoshop and when i export it to jpeg just make sure the level is set to 11 Correct??

I agree with the others. Do your edit's then export them as the correct PPI/DPI (same idea, different format...) but I usually export at 12 setting when I can for the max quality.

There's almost no advantage to .TIFF format images, really. A high-quality, first-generation .JPG image made from a raw file is a fine image; when the JPEG image is opened up and un-cmpressed in an image editor, it will "expand" as many people say, to the same size as a .TIFF image. I see very little advantage to making .TIFFs.

Of course, it depends on how many images there are..if we're talking just a few images, well, what the heck, okay, if you want, make .TIFF files. Buuuuuuut, some clients will not be happy with monstrously-sized, space-hogging, bandwidth-choking .TIFF files.

If you have 15 to 50 images, .TIFF files will be more of a pain in the butt than it is worth.

Most reactions

Back