Photoshop HELP please

crawdaddio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've searched around a little bit and can't find a good tutorial on how to remove the bit of light in a pic such as this spot on the hat (example):

me.jpg

Any help you could give to a PS noob would be SO appreciated!!

Thanks,
~DC

Clone stamp tool. Alt click above or below what you want removed, and then start brushing over it. Takes a few tries to get it right sometimes. GL! :)

the clone stamp will probably work the best to fix your photo. another bit of advice though is i have always had better luck fixing something like that by cloning from the top and going down and going over the top half of what needs fixing, and then alt-click from the bottom and go from the bottom half up. this way the lines in the hat will line up a little better. if they still look off, you can either try cloning again, maybe the healing brush tool, and then maybe try a smudge brush to line things up but try a soft brush with a lower opacity so the photo doesnt look too smeared. im not very good with photoshop either, and i do use paintshop pro more, but thats what usually works for me using either program. good luck, and if you like i could give it a try to see what i come up with. i would have already, but i dint want to mess with an image that wasnt marked OTE.

I've also started using the healing brush ( looks like a band-aid/plaster) in CS2. I can't really explain how it works, but I used it yesterday on some spots I had in some clouds, and it worked beautifully!

Most reactions

Back