I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Do you use 3rd party plug-ins? What are your favourites and where did you get them?

you can find heaps using gnutella clients like bearshare and limewire.. but you didn't hear me say that :lol:

i did go through a plugin phase, but seriously the only filters I use are ones that come standard:

unsharp mask
diffuse glow
gaussian blur
radial/motion blur
and the occasional omni lighting effect.

you got any good ones that you use matie?

I have installed the free version of "Hidden Power of Photoshop Elements"

I has a few neat features but I find I don't use it much and it seems to have caused a problem with my twain32 because I can't scan through PSE.

I will probably just get rid of it and stick with the basic PSE.

DCE Tools, extensis pxl smartscale, and "harry's filters" lol. It's a bunch of filters put together. All have their uses - and I use Neat Image as a Photoshop filter, not as a stand alone utility.

M

Mike, I have found several filters that I use on a fairly regular basis, that produce nice results.

Alien Skin has a collection of some nice filters including Eye Candy 4000, Splat and Xenofex 2.0 for photoshop. www.alienskin.com

AufoFx.com also has some nice filters, particularly the Dream Suite series, though I've found it to be a little buggy at times.

Finally check out the plugins and filters from www.flamingpear.com.

As vonnagy suggested, you may find these on P2P networks as well.

Cheers

I have used several plug-ins from www.fredmiranda.com mainly I have found them to be good in reminding me the correct methods of doing things manually in PS, but if you don't have or want to take the time to learn these sure can speed up the workflow.

Most reactions

Back