Photoshop Plugin

Bohiwnmh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everybody. I'm new here. I am a graphic designer. My brother has a side business doing primarily portrait photography. I am looking to get him a good photoshop plugin to aid him in his work. He has colorefex 4 (not sure if that's spelled right). I thought this might be a good place to get some advice on what would be a good option. He is running photoshop cs5. I'm not sure if it matters, but he uses a Canon DSLR. I'd like to stay $100 or less, but am negotiable. Thanks in advance for any help.

There are SO may photoshop plugins out there your going to have to tell us what he wants to use a plugin to do.

Imagenomic portraiture is a huge time saver for portrait photography :)

Honestly? MOst of us rarely use the plugins and actions we do have. Being a professional photographer we all want to have our own distinct look. THe plug ins and actions are kind of counteractive when going for different than everyone else.

Haha I guess that makes sense, but to be honest, I don't know. It will be a Christmas gift. He is not looking for something. I just wanted to get something that would be really useful. I use photoshop every day, but I rarely use any plugins. I don't really know what's out there. I just figured you guys could let me in on some of your favorites.

Imagenomic portraiture is a huge time saver for portrait photography :)

I get that. I don't use them for my graphics for that reason. He is not quite up to par on his editing yet.

If he's not up to par on his editing skills you'd do him much more by buying him a membership to Kelby On-line or Lynda.com
Those plug ins really will hinder him more than they will help him.

If he's not up to par on his editing skills you'd do him much more by buying him a membership to Kelby On-line or Lynda.com

What are they? Tutorial websites?

Yes. Kelby is my favorite. It's got everything from photoshop to camera work to video and some business stuff I think too.
I know there is someone here who uses Lynda and I think it's probably equal, but I don't know 100%.

Yes. Kelby is my favorite. It's got everything from photoshop to camera work to video and some business stuff I think too.
I know there is someone here who uses Lynda and I think it's probably equal, but I don't know 100%.
I subscribe to both Kelby and Lynda. IMHO, Kelby is much better on the photography training side, while Lynda is better on the software training side.

For Photoshop in particular, they both cover all anyone could want to know, but my favorite guru remains Deke McClelland, and he does his thing on Lynda.

There are a ton of plugins. What exactly are you trying to achieve with this plugin? Smooth skin? Creative edits? HDR effects? Which direction do you need to go?

I subscribe to both Kelby and Lynda. IMHO, Kelby is much better on the photography training side, while Lynda is better on the software training side.

For Photoshop in particular, they both cover all anyone could want to know, but my favorite guru remains Deke McClelland, and he does his thing on Lynda.

Thanks guys. He is pretty good on the photography side of things, and I've been a professional graphic designer for 10 years so I can help him with photoshop. If these are as good as you say, it might be a great choice.

There are a ton of plugins. What exactly are you trying to achieve with this plugin? Smooth skin? Creative edits? HDR effects? Which direction do you need to go?

I didn't have anything in particular in mind. He has colorefex 4 that he uses some. I know it has skin smoothing, tone effects, as well as tools to improve detail contrast. I'm a little weak on the photography side of things. I just wanted to get something that would open some new options for him until he gets better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back