Photoshop

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by Elkhunter, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Elkhunter

Elkhunter TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ok I'm a little confused on this topic.
    I use a stand alone lightroom program and want to start using photoshop but I see it's only available on cc.
    I don't want and will not save anything to the cloud nor if I drop out don't want to lose my photo work.
    Am I wrong that using cc opens my computer to Adobe and they can accent files, so I have to save work to a cloud acct.
    All my work I want to keep 100 % private.
    Am I missing something?
    I just want to own the product and keep my computer closed to the outside world.

2. Light Guru

Light Guru Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yes!!!

You completely don’t understand what creative cloud (CC) is.

You use it like a regular app on your computer. You save your files on your computers hard drive and no adobe does not have access to your files.

CC is just a subscription to use the app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    With Creative Cloud, the computer _DOES NEED_ to be internet-connected so that Adobe can, periodically, verify that you're a paying customer who has signed up to pay a monthly fee to use their software...so...there is that consideration with the Adobe monthly tithe.

You could buy an older, stand-alone version of Photoshop if you'd like to use Photoshop on a non-internet-connected machine. And while Light Guru is right, CC is a subscription, but using CC does require that Adobe be able to "ping" your machine on a somewhat regular basis, in order to make sure that you're a legitimate,paying CC user. I mention this because I am not 100% sure what you meant by ,"keep my computer closed to the outside world".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. weepete

weepete TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Photoshop CC and Lightroom Classic CC are like that anyway. Lightroom CC is Adobe's online version that works with the cloud.

But with classic version you won't loose files, even if you end your subsription, you just won't be able to have access to tweek the edits you've already made, meaning that re-editing will need to be done from scratch. If you export the fikes after you've finished editing you'll still have access to them in whatever format you want.

Bear in mind that though Lightroom and Photoshop are sold as a 1 year subscription, with the option to pay monthly or annually.

5. dennybeall

dennybeall No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    The subscription gets you Lightroom and Photoshop, CC as well as the Classic versions which allows you to store files both on or off the cloud. Also you get Bridge which is very useful if you don't want to use Lightroom.
    You can choose to work off the net and just sign on for Adobe to do their verification and then sign right back off.
    p.s. Photoshop can be nondestructive also, just do things on Layers. Lightroom does but only uses one layer that you don't control.

6. Designer

Designer Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit

I'm as skeptical as you. Perhaps I don't fully understand how it works, but as I've used some of those meme generators online, and when you use their website, they have the meme that you generated. Yes, you have a copy, but then so do they. I would be very wary of anything in the cloud.

There are other photo editing softwares that will reside on your computer, so use one of those instead.