Photoshop??

Tyson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tls-photo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Photoshot cs2 is the lates version right?

I can not aford $1000.00 for a program, is there any other program out there that compares?
What are you guys useing?

GIMP is a free image software that's pretty popular. I don't use it, and know nothing about it, but I thought I'd get the ball rolling. :D

wow that hack was fun lol... I use gimp because I cant afford photoshop either. I think its fine but Im not real good at photoshop at all. So for a beginner like me its fine.

Photoshop Elements could be called Photoshop "Lite"...it's much cheaper but does just about everything you might need for editing photos. It's even more user friendly, IMO.

I think they call GIMP "free photoshop" or something of the sorts. I use it and its very good for what I do, which is just image editing.

I ordered the educational version of CS2 from B&H (same software.) It was $299. If that is within your budget, it is the way to go. CS2 is really very good.

Also try paint.net a glorifyed paint basicly can work with layers etc just like photoshop very good for free :thumbup:

I've used both GIMP and Photoshop Elements 4.0, which is $100.

I can say that in my opinion, PS Elements is far, far, above and away better than GIMP. I started out with GIMP too, but when I felt like I had the money to spend, I bought PS Elements, and I'm glad I did.

Before making the jump to CS2, I used Paint Shop Pro for years and years...since way back in its shareware days.

I couldn't quite handle the full version price of PS so I purchased a previous (and legal!) version of Photoshop on eBay...v6...then bought the upgrade version of CS2 for $149...which is now $169. Saved myself about $400 or so.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back