photoshop?

tkme4ard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
can you tell me what photoshop program I should get? I had 7.0 (I think thats what it was) that a friend gave me but a hard drive crash later... it's gone!

Angela

If you can obtain it, get CS3

Adobe Systems
PHOTOSHOP CS3 V10 -WIN UPG RETAIL 209$ does that sound right? There are a lot of different versions? I'm confused!

I don't need to spend 1500$ on software LOL

I don't mind 203 if that's the right software, but I don't need 1500$ software when for what I'd use it for something a lot simpler and cheaper would suit my needs :)

The 199 is for the upgrade only.

there are some free programs available that you might try, they may or maynot give you the options you need.

what is it you want to do? That should be the first question you need to answer for yourself. Photoshop is a wonderful graphic tool but for pure photography it may not be helpful to you. Only you can decide what it is you want to or need to do with a graphics program.

If money is an issue, consider Paintshop Pro X1 by Corel at about $100.
It has many of the same features as PhotoShop in a similar style and is better than Photoshop Elements.

skieur

an corel can be found on ebay for a lot less. you can also download a 30 day trial verson.

so the one for 209 is not what I need?

Adobe Systems
PHOTOSHOP CS3 V10 -WIN UPG RETAIL 209$

I have Elements 4 and CS2, and am happy with both of them, although I am aware that both these have been updated. - Bee

Photoshop Elements is very good, and it keeps you in touch with the Photoshop way of doing things...which is useful for when you can afford to get the full package.

Photoshop Elements is very good, and it keeps you in touch with the Photoshop way of doing things...which is useful for when you can afford to get the full package.

I agree. I just purchased Photoshop Elements and I like it. I am a beginner so this is not as daunting as the full version of Photoshop plus it is much cheaper. You can get it for about $80 to $100.

I'm just going to get elements and go from there thanks everyone :)

Depending on where you live, at some college and universty bookstores (not an online bookstore) you can get CS3 for under $200. I know I can here in California.

On another note, I am automatically logged out after every post that I publish. Each and every time. And then I have to log in again. Sometimes I can't even post. This is a real problem. :(

Does anyone know why this is happening? It's been happening for many weeks now.

I'd like to become a full time member of this board, but TPF's system for whatever reason is prohibitive. :(

Most reactions

Back