Photoshop

Mary

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Everyone,

i took photos recently in a lobby where it was bright light coming in through the glass doors, in some of my images the person inside is too dark and bright outside through the glass, i wanted to know is there a way to brighten up the person, i have tried using curves in photoshop but i cant seem to get the image looking right,

any advice would be a great help, thanks :)

Mary, You need a program that allows you to adjust the tone or Gamma. That will make the picture lighter or darker. I use PhotoImpactPro. Its a great software

Photoshop will allow you to adjust just about anything...but there has to be some information in those pixels, otherwise all the adjustments in the world won't help.

Can you show us the image?

Mike...is that "S" a tatoo?
Yes, and the white part is my chest. I always, always wear three shirts when the sun is out. :er: :p

Mary, I can still see them and they are not really WAY too large!
But I'm afraid there is little you can do about the persons, you WOULD have had to make use of a flash to outbalance the light that came in from behind the persons!

There is a possibility to use the "lasso"-tool in Photoshop, and put the lasso on a wide feather (I usually go to 80px), through the lasso around all the dark persons, and then shift the levels. Outlined with the lasso, only what is outlined will be affected by your use of the level sliders (or curves, whatever works best for you, I am a "levels-person"). But with the persons being THIS frightfully underexposed you will get loads and loads of noise into them and colour artefacts (or coloured noise ... which I think has a proper name, too, but I don't know it)... and you won't like the photos any more.

To my mind, sad as it may be, these are lost... So sorry.

ok thanx neway, oh read bout d size thing while it was uploading whoops,, thought that might be the case, i will mess a bout with it and see if it will luk any way decent, thanx (",)

and colour artefacts (or coloured noise ... which I think has a proper name, too, but I don't know it).
Chromatic aberrations is what I think you're talking about.

Yes. That is the word.
I knew it was a difficult one ;) --- and it is. Isn't it?

Yeah the only reason I remember it is cause for such a simple concept, it sounds like a treacherous act.
As if having it in your photos will seriously offend the god of color who's full name is ChromatiKa.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back