Photoshopped photo

niforpix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Practiced photoshop again over the last few days. This was just a snap shot, wasn't planned. Not looking for C&C on the photo itself, but more what I could improve on as far as editing goes. Here's my before and after.

C&C welcomed. :)

Before
3200149333_5a214bf2e0_b.jpg

After
3200150087_d5cc90440d_b.jpg

Thanks!

In no particular order...

The whites of her eyes are too white - they are very easy to overdo. I'm not keen on the dark lashes/eyeliner you added - stick with the top lashes if you are going to do that. I think it would be fine if you did the top only.

I think you did a good job on the skin, though, it looks good, smooth, but not plasticky. One touch more would be overdone, though, especially for this type of shot (ie, not a fashion shot).

Not keen on the brighter pink lips - it's not unrealistic, just unstylish. I prefer the muted tone. Personal preference, though.

I like that you toned down her straps as that was distracting.

I'm not sure about the arm skin tone, which I like better. I think I might like the original - the edited one is too dark...perhaps a compromise?

I like the dulled background.

All in all, I think it looks good, well done, but not obvious.

Personally, I think you went too far with the eyes. The milky-white look removes a lot of the natural tonality of the sclera. You can dodge these on a separate, soft-light layer with a white brush and brighten without removing the tonal range and color casts (they'll pull some color from the iris, this is especially evident in blue-eyed people and moreso in blue-eyed children).

I think you did a very good job on the teeth.

The skin... not so sure about. Too smooth, and freckles give her personality and they're all gone in the edited image. Between the stuff done to the face and the vignette, her facial skin looks out of place with her body. This is probably biased due to seeing the images side by side, but I think I'd prefer to see the moles and permanent facial features lightened rather than eliminated all together.

Hey guys,

Thanks so much for your replies. I agree with you both on the eyes being a bit over done. You guys make a great point. Now that I look at it some more, I could've just done them up a little bit.

I was debating wether or not to brighten up the lips. I think the original lips might have been better too as well as the freckles now that I look at it some more.

I guess the skin tone is darker now because I used the vignette effect to darken the background. I also made the background a little more blurry as those 2 girls in the back were little too distracting.

Thanks again for your input. I appreciate it. I think I'll maybe try to redo the eyes and leave the image with more of it's original facial features in it (as you mentioned, lighten them instead of getting rid of them all together). :)

Most reactions

Back