TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lancewilkinson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My buddy got married over the weekend. I took this photo:

r5iAG.jpg

He asked that I try to remove the pirate man (my term, not his.) Here's what I ended up with after much photoshopping:

OixSp.jpg

Any comments? Suggestions? I know where his head was looks a little, uh, undetailed. I also had alot of trouble with the edges of faces, clothing, and especially hair.

I mainly used the clone tool. A little blurring, color burning, etc. But 95% clone tool.

Looking for some input. Thanks!

EDIT: I'm also now noticing that her dress looks a little washed out, as does her arm.

I would use the patch tool and the healing brush tool. The cloning tool makes a copy rather than blending and making a new texture all together.

That's going to be tricky to get right. It's a large area right behind the focal point. Can you go back and shoot the scene again? It'll give you a lot more to work with.

In your rework you've picked up a green cast and made the cloned area brighter. Maybe a black and white conversion would help?

Yeah, that's a tough one that even a seasoned pro would struggle with.

You might be better off cutting the couple out completely and inserting another background all together.

Right now I can see a distinct ghost image of where the Naval Officer was standing.

Second try looks better, but it's still there.

Tharmsen may be right about replacing the entire background...

Right now I can see a distinct ghost image of where the Naval Officer was standing.

He just went into Predator Mode...lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back