Piano - C&C

Cricketboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I put a roll through my recently acquired K1000 just to see if it worked well. I took a few photos of my piano. Please tell me how I could improve upon these photo.

1 ISO 200 f3.5 1/15 38-85mm
44130002.jpg

2 ISO 200 f3.5 1/15 38-50mm
44130016.jpg

3 ISO 200 f3.5 1/15 38-85mm
44130017.jpg

Last edited:
I find all the pictures quite blurry and don't look the greatest. Did you mean to take the photos like that? Or is that how they came out?

Are you sure that's ISO 200? sure is grainy. Did you PP the photo in PS or something?

This is how they came out. I agree, they are VERY grainy, and I don't like it. The bokah/blurr was intentional to show a narrow depth of field.

The lighting was average living room lighting.

I guess I will not be using 200 speed Fujifilm anymore? :thumbdown: The film was not expired. It was purchased only a month ago, and stored in the camera bag in a cool dry place. No PP at all, besides being scanned to a CD at the lab then transferred to my computer.

Last edited:
This is how they came out. I agree, they are VERY grainy, and I don't like it. The bokah/blurr was intentional to show a narrow depth of field.

The lighting was average living room lighting.

I guess I will not be using 200 speed Fujifilm anymore? :thumbdown: The film was not expired. It was purchased only a month ago, and stored in the camera bag in a cool dry place. No PP at all, besides being scanned to a CD at the lab then transferred to my computer.

You may have been using the 200 Fujifilm, but was your camera set to 200 ISO? Because that's the difference.

For film, I shoot with a Minolta Maxxum 7xi and I use 200 Kodak Color film more often than not. But my photos don't come out like that. Usually.

We would need to see the negatives in order to determine why particularly the middle one is so grainy. It may well have been quite underexposed, yet the lab did their best to push it? And we don't know their method of scanning the pics on disc, either.

What I see is the typical photo any first user of an SLR would take who detects the beauty of shallow DOF. I guess it is a stage we must all go through...

The camera was set to 200 ISO on the dial. I take it I should close the aperture to widen the depth of field to bring more of the piano in focus next time?

Here is a scan I did of the negatives with my photo scanner.
scan10002g.jpg

Here's a few more photos of the negatives. The scan didn't work that well.
sany0278y.jpg

sany0279o.jpg

Last edited:
Those were good but i would do a longer exposure so then you wont have to use ISO at all so then they would be clear. Since you have no motion in these pictures.:thumbup:

Those were good but i would do a longer exposure so then you wont have to use ISO at all so then they would be clear. Since you have no motion in these pictures.:thumbup:
Thank you. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "...you wont have to use ISO at all..." I have to set the ISO to match the film speed don't I? :confused:

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back