dinhqphan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
comments? critiques?

dsc00168jx5.jpg

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/3945/dsc00168jx5.jpg

It's...well...it's a...piano. And a slightly out of focus one. Anything in particular you were hoping to achieve in this shot?

how did you fit the couch into the piano? all kidding aside, i agree with what was said above...

There are a few critical things wrong with this picture. The WB is incorrect and there is motion blur.

Oh man. I could not help laughing out loud, Switch, at the prospect of a piano having a motion blur. :lol:

lol, that IS kinda funny... I like the angle on this shot, and i think if the piano were in an all white room , with nothing on it, and it was well lit, noiseless and clear, then I would like it, but there are just too many issues i have with it as is

Oh man. I could not help laughing out loud, Switch, at the prospect of a piano having a motion blur. :lol:

:lol: now I can't get that image out of my head. May be next time a piano pan shot?

as to this picture: I have to agree with the comments above. Reshoot knowing what you know now and show us the result!

pascal

Your image is just way too warm, WB issue. While it is a fairly decent angle, it being just in a living room doesnt provide much of an interesting picture.

hehe

Oh Nooooo!!!!!

:stun::shock::pale:

Id say get a more interesting angle

Try clearing off the stuff on top of the piano and getting closer, to reduce distracting elements. Or try focusing on just one detail of the piano. Close-ups of piano keys are classic, for example. If you use a tripod you'll help eliminate that "motion blur" and ensure that your piano stays in one place.;)

Ya the piano defintilay does need some focusing work, and the colors of the shades, idk, might just be an opinion but they seem to blend with the walls...

The piano is out of focus. Everything is too yellow. The things around the piano (and the couch in it Nabero :) ) are very distracting. I don't know what your goal was with the shot, but it all fell a bit short. I think that something interesting can definitely be created with a piano. It's tough to get a good shot in my head of a piano without it being a macro of a few keys or a side-macro of a bunch of keys. Keep trying different angles and lighting with that piano though dingphan, I think you can come up with something much more interesting than the shot you just posted.

When you aren't doing candid stuff, remember what's in your frame. Move the clutter. We don't need to see the radio on the piano, or the wire that goes into the wall. And what's up with the stack of phone books or whatever? Move them out of your shot.
I screw this up too, believe me, but I'm learning to really watch my backgrounds. When you have all the time in the world like in this shot, it's essential to see the overall photo.
The white balance is crazy out of wack. I assume you shot this on P in JPeg. Take this into a photo fixeruper program and drop and blue layer right on top of it, and then lower the opacity. It might save it.
Try again, and this time maybe try it in the daytime with all the stuff moved out of the way.
I hope you find this helpful.
Keep at it. :)
Cindy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back