Pick one.......

mishele

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I was playing around w/ a dandelion a couple of weeks back and this is what I came up w/. I was wondering if you guys could tell me what crop you like better. The hubby and I are having a disagreement on the one that looks better. If you can add why you think it looks better that would be great.

Thanks!!

IMG_2895-10.jpg

IMG_289502.jpg

Hrm. I don't have an immediate pick. Maybe if I stare a bit longer I can choose...

I like number 2. I think it's only because there's slightly less vignetting, and possibly because the slight curve of the stem is to the right.

I prefer the first photo instead of the second one. I think most "western" viewers tend to read photos from left to right, and in the case of the second photo, the negative space on the left is too scant, and the space on the right is too much, leading to a sort of off-balance feeling. On the first photo, there is ample negative space on the left, which allows the eye to come into the frame as it were, and then approach the "subject", the dandelion, in a comfortable manner.

They are both great, but I prefer the first one. I like how it has a bit more contrast to it and that there is a little bit more space around it.

I like the richer color better on the first one. Both crops are fine with me, but I have a moderate preference for the first one. Some folks will object to the "hot" white color in the bloom, but I like the drama. ;) It's a beautiful image!

I like the first one better as well. To me, it has to do with viewing things from left to right.

So who is winning so far in the disagreement??

I prefer the first. Not sure why. Maybe the left to right thing like Derrel said. Maybe the slight bow of the stem like Goontz said. I don't know, but I like it noticeably more.

I like the first one better as well. To me, it has to do with viewing things from left to right.

So who is winning so far in the disagreement??

The Hubby won out........:D

Thanks everyone for taking the time!

Yeah.........i guess we think outside the box. I do see why people like the other one though. I guess I ll go tell the Hubby.......lol:confused:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back