Pick your favorite of the two. CC also welcomed.

oooohhh ... # 3 # 3

though the raised road/train tracks in the back ... clone that out.

I really like 3 the best, but the distortion is just so bad, I haven't had a chance to try to fix it. To be honest, I don't know if I know how...

oooohhh ... # 3 # 3

though the raised road/train tracks in the back ... clone that out.

I really like 3 the best, but the distortion is just so bad, I haven't had a chance to try to fix it. To be honest, I don't know if I know how...
With my UWA .. I went on a distortion frenzy .. I kinda like it for certain shots :)

I like #1.

I did some edits:
In Camera Raw:
Using the Basic panel I added +40 of Clarity and +20 of Vibrance
I used the Gradient tool on the sky. With that tool I reduced the exposure and added some blue.
I then used the Sharpening panel - Amount = +25, Radius = 1.5, Detail = 25, Masking = 0.

In Photoshop CC 2014:
With the Quick Selection tool I selected all of the water and saved the selection.
With the selection active and using a Curves adjustment layer I used the Curves Medium Contrast preset on the water.
Using the saved selection I then opened a Vibrance adjustment layer and reduced the Vibrance a lot to essentially make the water B&W.
Using the saved selection again with a Color Balance adjustment layer I added color of my choice to the water - Blue +86, Green +25.
I then did a little dodging (Midtones, 50% opacity) on some of the shadow areas in the scene.
I cloned out a tree that didn't seem to belong using the Spot Healing brush in Content-Aware mode.
Lastly I added a narrow black border.

SiouxFalls-1785edit.jpg

Ok, well still think your all missing the boat here. I mean #3 is pretty much a minimalist masterpiece. You don't get more minimalist than that. But ok fine, I'll go with the flow and pick #1.. lol

Ok, well still think your all missing the boat here. I mean #3 is pretty much a minimalist masterpiece. You don't get more minimalist than that. But ok fine, I'll go with the flow and pick #1.. lol

Going with the flow... of the falls.. HA!

Going with the flow... of the falls.. HA!
The boat is missing because it broke up on the rocks.

I like #1.

I did some edits:
In Camera Raw:
Using the Basic panel I added +40 of Clarity and +20 of Vibrance
I used the Gradient tool on the sky. With that tool I reduced the exposure and added some blue.
I then used the Sharpening panel - Amount = +25, Radius = 1.5, Detail = 25, Masking = 0.

In Photoshop CC 2014:
With the Quick Selection tool I selected all of the water and saved the selection.
With the selection active and using a Curves adjustment layer I used the Curves Medium Contrast preset on the water.
Using the saved selection I then opened a Vibrance adjustment layer and reduced the Vibrance a lot to essentially make the water B&W.
Using the saved selection again with a Color Balance adjustment layer I added color of my choice to the water - Blue +86, Green +25.
I then did a little dodging (Midtones, 50% opacity) on some of the shadow areas in the scene.
I cloned out a tree that didn't seem to belong using the Spot Healing brush in Content-Aware mode.
Lastly I added a narrow black border.

SiouxFalls-1785edit.jpg

I really like like this edit! Thanks for the play-by-play also. Maybe someday I'll be able to put it all together.

I'm glad you like it.

The dirty looking, brown-ish water coming over the falls wasn't cutting it. lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back