Pickin....Would love some c&c on these two photos.

Nautifish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This morning around 830am on my way home i saw some Jamaican farm workers picken apples. So i stopped and asked if it would be ok if i took some photo's. Of course they were more than happy too let me snap away.

The 1st photo is the Original.
I used a ISO SETTING OF 400 AND HAD MY WHITE BALANCE SET TO DIRECT SUNLIGHT.

1/320S - F-5.3

pickin.jpg

I then decided to play around with this image a little in my photo shop.
This is what i came up with and happen to really like it. I would love too hear your C&C ON this Image also. I happen too like it because too me it allmost looks like a painting. I did this with the HDR. I have downloaded a free trail of photo shop so this is all very new to me also.
Thank you so much.
Nautifish.
pickin2.jpg

I think the idea is great, and love that you had your camera ready for an impromptu shot like this.

But your original photo is underexposed, and the HDR is just way too sharp/overdone. Please don't take this as my attempt to be mean, but as your edit stands now, the super sharpness and saturation hurt the viewer's eyes.

Good morning Aayria.

I welcome all comments good and bad and am not easily offended.;) I am here too learn if people are not honest with me then i can not fix it right?

I appreciate all feed back on my posts......i truly do....and am trying to better my photos.

As for camera i beleive it is now Attached to my hip....lol....:D It goes every where with me now.....lol

Thank you so much for your feed back hun.

I think if you had lowered your shutter speed by a couple of stops to let in some more light it would have been a great shot. The face also appears to be a little soft, as if you missed the focus by just a hair and got the leaves behind him to the left in focus.

Tyler i see what u mean now that i look at this photo again....& thank you.....I will get that perfect photo one day if it kills me...lol

Dan thank you so much....:D

I wanted to post this Photo again as i made a mistake..Like duh!!....I thought i had posted the Original when in fact this is the Original.

5040213952_a758b3f422.jpg

Does this one seem better.

I have been practicing alot and i mean alot with the options and settings on my Camera over this past week.:D

Don't you wish you could reach into the photo and move those branches out of his face.

I definitely like the last one you posted the most. The colors seem much better.
Also, it looks like the image is sharper overall, though that could be because it's a bit smaller and I can't see the detail as much. You've improved a lot since your first post. Keep up the good work.

Don't you wish you could reach into the photo and move those branches out of his face.

Actually Derek NO! I like the way the branches are but thats just me, he is in amongst an apple tree they have lots of branches and apples this time of year...lol...:D:sexywink:

I definitely like the last one you posted the most. The colors seem much better.
Also, it looks like the image is sharper overall, though that could be because it's a bit smaller and I can't see the detail as much. You've improved a lot since your first post. Keep up the good work.

Thank you so much aprhockey...Just bare with me i opened a new flickr account today and am still trying too figure it out.

Hopefully this photo is larger..lol

5040213952_a758b3f422_b.jpg

I cant give you technical advice because In mew but the first and for sure the last one are very good:)

Most reactions

Back