Picking a camera.

JediRach

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am taking my very first photography class and it begins in a few weeks. I need a 35mm camera that has the following: adjustable aperture, shutter speed, and focus controls, also a light meter. I am very poor and taking this class because I have always loved photography and now I want to know what I am doing. I am looking at getting a Canon EOS Rebel 2000 but I'm not sure that would suffice. Does anyone have any camera suggestions for me?

Classic photo class cameras:

Canon AE1
Nikon FE2
Pentax ME/ME Super

I think that the Pentax is the best and generally has the cheapest available lenses.

Would something like this work for him? I couldn't find the other ones on Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
also check out KEH, they have a wide variety of manual cameras

If you are "very poor," pass on the Rebel or any of the other cameras mentioned and get something like my Ricoh KR-5 Super II with an Asahi SMC 50mm f/2. It does all of the same things the other cameras do (excepting those with automatic modes, which are not something you need) at a fraction of the price. I got that setup for $21 on eBay and you'd swear the camera body was brand new. It's not a fashionable brand name or a "cult following" camera, but it sure gets the job done. It's also small and light, which is handy.

Most reactions

Back