Pics from my walk

Matrix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ok guys/gals,

My girl & I went for a walk at a local regional Park. I took some pics just want to share...all were taken with a 18-55mm. c+c please...
IMG_9916.jpg

IMG_9939.jpg

IMG_9941.jpg

IMG_9906.jpg

IMG_9933.jpg

That wouldn't be Coyote Hills would it?

Some of the compositions and focus are weak. When I look at photos, I try to discern what the shooter was trying to say or do. It looks like you were out on a random stroll just shooting whatever seemed interesting, so they come across as snapshots rather than "focussed" images. It is good practice.

A lot of the pictures could be improved by moving a little to the left or to the right. When one is shooting landscapes, often the area is full of colors that have the same value of lights and darks so the shooter has to see in a more "monochromatic" sense, looking for strong patterns and/or contrast or something that the viewer will fixate upon when seeing the image. Otherwise, it becomes a boring picture of a tree or a branch or whatever. It helps if the subject stands out because of composition or mood or some other element that draws the looker in because of curiosity or interest.

The picture of a girl sitting in the middle of an empty landscape talking on a cell phone seems more like a personal image than something someone unfamiliar with her would relate to. Besides, why would anyone out in that beautiful landscape setting allow themselves be distracted by a cell phone except in case of an emergency?

Rusty Tripod

Most reactions

New Topics

Back