Pics of squirrel.. please C&C...

arkuro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
P1010263.jpg

P1010265.jpg

They are good shots of the squirrel, but composition wise ..... basically there is none in either shot. On the first one i think it would have been better if you had filled the frame with the squirrel and left out the unintersting background. With the second one i would definately have cropped out the whit cardboard in the upper right;its very distracting.

I'm curious -- I've never seen a gray squirrel with markings like that on its back, almost looks like the markings of a chipmunk. At least from where I hail from.LOL

I'm curious -- I've never seen a gray squirrel with markings like that on its back, almost looks like the markings of a chipmunk. At least from where I hail from.LOL[/quote]
That is exactly what i was thinkin!

To be really honest.. I did not touch the photo.. when I was uploading the photo I noticed that white paper and I did thought of removing it.. but I dont want to take photographs and crop it later to... I wanna take photograph that is fully composed in the first shot itself... what about ROT.. do they follow it.. if they do.. then how could I have avoided in this case.. as there was nothing special around .. so in this case.. how do you avoid ROT.. please elaborate if possible

About the squirrel .. its an indian squirrel.. common in city.. very cute.. :)

I would've cropped the first one to remove the distracting path (?) on the right.

To be really honest.. I did not touch the photo.. when I was uploading the photo I noticed that white paper and I did thought of removing it.. but I dont want to take photographs and crop it later to...
Why not? You could make a copy of the original image and then crop out things that don't help the composition or image and then end up with a much better image. Then you would still have the original and a improved copy to compare and study.
I wanna take photograph that is fully composed in the first shot itself...
Commendable, but not easy to accomplish until you've been shooting for awhile and really understand composition well. In the mean time, don't limit yourself.
what about ROT.. do they follow it.. if they do.. then how could I have avoided in this case.. as there was nothing special around .. so in this case.. how do you avoid ROT.. please elaborate if possible
You want to avoid the Rule Of Thirds? Why? What compositional rule(s) are you trying to follow or use here?

If you want to avoid the Rule Of Thirds, just center the subject in all your shots.

The first image sort of uses the Rule Of Thirds as the squirrel is on one of the vertical Rule Of Thirds lines, but centered horizontally.

The second image the squirrel is centered...no compositional rule was used here as far as I can tell. Looks like a snapshot.

Thank you samanax.. a useful piece of advise....can you please tell me how you would have composed the second image.. if you would have taken it..or anyone can give his point of view...
thanks a lot for the comments

Most reactions

Back