Pics to share with a group on Facebook

unstable

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Folks,

I thought this may be interesting for someone here..

We are running a community page on Facebook with around 1000 fans to share nice pictures taken anywhere around the world. Our categories are - Nature, Tourist spots, Cities, Historical places, Islands, Beaches, basically everything :) If anyone by any chance would be interesting to share their pictures with a community, just let us know and we can find a way to get your work shared with the world ;-)

Sorry if this is not allowed on this Forum.

Thanks!

You should post a link to this forum, on your facebook page, and let your community know that our community also has several galleries, and we love having people share their pictures with us here, on this international forum.

You should post a link to this forum, on your facebook page, and let your community know that our community also has several galleries, and we love having people share their pictures with us here, on this international forum.

This is not what I asked about, however thanks for the offer.

So you want to publicise your group here but don't want to publicise this forum quid pro quo? Bad bad form. Give a little get a little it's called reciprocity. One good turn deserves another or whatever way you put it.

So you want to publicise your group here but don't want to publicise this forum quid pro quo? Bad bad form. Give a little get a little it's called reciprocity. One good turn deserves another or whatever way you put it.

I dont want to publicise my group here. I want to share someone's work with our group of fans, if someone is interesting in. That's all.

WOW! So, I could share my work with aropund a thousand people, rather than with the 129,000 members on TPF? Soooo cool! What an opportunity. I'll put joining your forum on my to do next year list!

WOW! So, I could share my work with aropund a thousand people, rather than with the 129,000 members on TPF? Soooo cool! What an opportunity. I'll put joining your forum on my to do next year list!

Exactly, you can share your work with AROPUND a thousand people that are not on TPF... 129,000 members on TPF against 955,000,000 on Facebook.. Or at least 129,000 + 1000.. hey, not bad, huh? Derrel, you must be a genius, sir.

In fact, our group is not a criticism party of profs. It is a group of people, having nothing to do with a photography, enjoyning nice pics.

Last edited:
Derrel, on another hand, you have 7 photos gallery on TPF.. What an achievement.. This thread is not for you sir, you already achieved everything a man could ever imagine. Thank you for your time.

Folks,

We are running a community page on Facebook with around 1000 fans to share nice pictures taken anywhere around the world. Our categories are - Nature, Tourist spots, Cities, Historical places, Islands, Beaches, basically everything :) If anyone by any chance would be interesting to share their pictures with a community, just let us know and we can find a way to get your work shared with the world ;-)

Thanks!

This may come as somewhat of a shock to you, but many in the TPF community are already ON FB. It may come as an even bigger shock to you that posting this very obvious plug for FB fans and then immediately slamming every single established, respected member of the TPF community who questions why they would want to participate isn't exactly displaying your genius marketing skills.
Also, "just let us know and we can find a way to get your work shared with the world" sounds very much like "give us free access to your copyrighted images so we can share them with anyone we choose and they can do whatever they want with them, without your permission or knowledge." And THAT is not very enticing to most of us.

And FINALLY:

Exactly, you can share your work with AROPUND a thousand people that are not on TPF... 129,000 members on TPF against 955,000,000 on Facebook.. Or at least 129,000 + 1000.. hey, not bad, huh? Derrel, you must be a genius, sir.

Folks,

If anyone by any chance would be interesting to share their pictures with a community, just let us know and we can find a way to get your work shared with the world ;-)

You might not want to point out the "splinter" (grammatically speaking) in someone else's typing, until you''ve removed the "mote" from your own. Just sayin'.

129,000 PHOTOGRAPHERS here, 955,000,000 PEOPLE on Facebook, maybe a dozen who are photographers.

I'll pass to.

You are pitching this to the one person left who has no facebook account . Thanks for the offer though ...

Derrel, on another hand, you have 7 photos gallery on TPF.. What an achievement.. This thread is not for you sir, you already achieved everything a man could ever imagine. Thank you for your time.

AND, now this is the coolest part of it all--- the photos I have on my TPF gallery are NOT EVEN MINE!!!!! They are ALL shots that I retouched for other TPF members! How cool is that!? Of course, I have over 3,400 photos that I took hosted on my pBase galleries, the link to which is on my TPF profile, and those 3,400 photos have had about 1.3 million visits...so, yeah...your little Facebook community of 1,000 members sounds sooooooooo attractive....I can barely contain my enthusiasm!!! Woo-hoo!!!! Let's all join your circle, err, your "community page" of 1,000 and sing Kumbaya some night!!! Thank you unstable so,so much for the rare opportunity to join a community of 1,000 Facebookers! Like I said, I will put it on my to do next year list!

Next, I would head over to Fred Miranda and make a few trolls through their membership. And then, head over to dPreview, and see how long it is before your troll is moderated right off the board...I'd give you maybe 10 minutes there...one bit of advice though: troll fresh,live bait, not rotten, three day-old frozen bait...it gets more bites.

Folks,

Thanks!

This may come as somewhat of a shock to you, but many in the TPF community are already ON FB. It may come as an even bigger shock to you that posting this very obvious plug for FB fans and then immediately slamming every single established, respected member of the TPF community who questions why they would want to participate isn't exactly displaying your genius marketing skills.
Also, "just let us know and we can find a way to get your work shared with the world" sounds very much like "give us free access to your copyrighted images so we can share them with anyone we choose and they can do whatever they want with them, without your permission or knowledge." And THAT is not very enticing to most of us.

And FINALLY:

Folks,

If anyone by any chance would be interesting to share their pictures with a community, just let us know and we can find a way to get your work shared with the world ;-)

You might not want to point out the "splinter" (grammatically speaking) in someone else's typing, until you''ve removed the "mote" from your own. Just sayin'.

Sorry, you were sayin questions? Questions? Please point out at at least one question related to original post on this thread.
Out of topic - sorry, I didnt get your "FINALLY" note? Is there something wrong with my post?

AND, now this is the coolest part of it all--- the photos I have on my TPF gallery are NOT EVEN MINE!!!!! They are ALL shots that I retouched for other TPF members! How cool is that!? Of course, I have over 3,400 photos that I took hosted on my pBase galleries, the link to which is on my TPF profile, and those 3,400 photos have had about 1.3 million visits...so, yeah...your little Facebook community of 1,000 members sounds sooooooooo attractive....I can barely contain my enthusiasm!!! Woo-hoo!!!! Let's all join your circle, err, your "community page" of 1,000 and sing Kumbaya some night!!! Thank you unstable so,so much for the rare opportunity to join a community of 1,000 Facebookers! Like I said, I will put it on my to do next year list!

Next, I would head over to Fred Miranda and make a few trolls through their membership. And then, head over to dPreview, and see how long it is before your troll is moderated right off the board...I'd give you maybe 10 minutes there...one bit of advice though: troll fresh,live bait, not rotten, three day-old frozen bait...it gets more bites.

NOOOO! It can't be! Oh my goodness, 3,400 photos, pBase gallery, link on TPF profile.. GOD, IS THIS YOU??!! I am so sorry I dare to reply on that.. Please accept my excuse!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back