Picture hosting, what one is best?

Hair Bear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Been using Imageshack.us but it seems to be getting slower evry time I post an image

Any recomendations, free would be better ;-)

www.fastpictures.com is ok, but you can only upload one pic at a time. When you have resized them to some 800x600 pixels and saved them at "8", loading is quick.

www.photobucket.com is also good, you can load more than one pic at a time, and when you watch that you always save your web-friendly pics at "8", it does not randomly make them smaller, either.

http://www.imagevault.eu/

just kidding... I don't give out any accounts on that one ;)

But you could consider to set up your own space, it does not cost that much ...

http://www.webshots.com/ is so far my favorite. The free version of flickr has a very small monthly bandwidth and you can only have 3 different sets. On webshots you can upload 1,000 for free and 100 more every month you use them and you can make many many galleries. I make links from my myspace to the webshots pages, 1 for each album. I really like the desktop application they have which makes uploading a breeze. That is more for showing off your pictures, if you want to just host to get the img tags I think photobucket does fine, I use both. Photobucket it for personal and the webshots is like my website when connected to the myspace.

I love flickr, but I bought the pro package... it's only 25 dollars...

It's got a really great method of getting your pictures "around."

I'm on FLickr as A Pro but when I tested the web link it doesn't paste the pic in just a link.

I wasn't so keen on this.

Did you also know you can download images at the large size from Flickr? That is images that arnt yours etc

What about PBASE? They have a pretty good service. I've seen people put a lot of custom code on their site. Some folks have even linked a shopping cart to it. I think I paid 25.00 for 900 megs of storage. Considering I have not promoted my site I still managed to get over 4k hits in about 8 months.

Hi, Just replying to the request for online storage sites. I use Photomax, They give you some free space. Anyway you can get the info on the site, chck out www.qvteam.myphotomax.com
Cheers
Q

I recommend photobucket also. You get 1GB free storage with a free account. Photobucket does resize images but It's not a problem for me since I'm not going to be posting full sized photos on the web anytime soon.

Most reactions

Back