Picture Info Question????

Enem178

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kwaltonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, I wasnt quite sure how to word the thread title but here's my question. I usually shoot in manual mode and of course some images come out better than others once they are printed out. Now, is there a way to have each picture's info such as iso, f-stop, wb, etc printed right on the back of the pic along with the date & time?? I would also like the same info to be stored with the pic when I download it to my pc. Do I have to have a speacial camera or printer to do this? Thanks In Advance for your help!

That info is stored in the exif data of every file - unless it's been stripped out, as some editing software will. But, I don't know of anyone that will print the info on the back of a print. You just have to refer back to the file...

ok I see. My dsc-h3 can only shoot in jpeg. The info is there when I review pics in the camera but I dont see it when its downloaded to the pc. Like you said it might be erased with the software but how would I go about getting into the exif data ??

try uploading a picture to flikr, often the info is displayed in picture properties. if you resize before uploading the info disapears, and im not sure if photobucket saves the info

opanda.com has a very slick little program that is free that will read the metadata for you when you right click on the image. gives you more information than you will ever use lol

there is a free version and a pro version, but the free will do all you need to do. i thinkit is call IEXIF

Right click the file and click properties. The exif data if it's in there is visible under Summary if you click advanced.

Some programs will let you print it on the front (on top of the picture, or under it). For getting it printed on the back you could copy & paste it into a word processor and print it on the back, or just write it in by hand.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back