Picture of my cat

KillerChaos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello. I'm new here and this is my first post. I'm a n00b when it comes to photography but heres a picture of my cat, Mercury. I entered it into a contest on www.picture.com and they sent me letters saying they were going to publish it in a photographers book called "Endless Journeys" and a Cutest Pets of 2005 book. They also said it's made it to the final round for voting in the contest for $10,000 i believe it is. Well here's the picture:

1710081.jpg

also heres some other pictures i took of her attempting to hide under my bed:
Mercury.jpg

Mercury2.jpg

bluegreeneyes.jpg

Its the same cat, and I have no clue why she has one blue eye and one green eye in that one picture just the way the flash on the camera hit her eyes and lighting in my room i guess. Oh yea and I used a Fujifilm Finepix S3100 4.0 megapixels with 6x optical zoom.

Oh man! so cute! i love the 2nd pic. She know how to pose. not like my cat... *faint*. Great Job!

Very cute cat .. glad it came back (i told him to join hehe) ... anyways I like the picture with the blue eye (freaky) hehe not on a seriuos note, their good for just learning, keep it up! and try to take as many pictures as possible! Photography is about having fun to most, and remembering events, not everyone has to be as serious as me. I do a photoshot of 20 pictures of the same thing, and usualy can't find 1 I like :( .. im glad you can like pictures that aren't perfect! Keep it up.

If I were you, I'd be extremely wary of these kinds of photo contests and winning promises. I would assume all contestants received the same reply and promise to have THEIR photo published in a book. I can't quite believe it is so easy to get one's photo into a book...

Your cat is super cute, mind!
When you move up too close, your camera is giving you focus issues.
You might want to watch that.

Oh, and before I forget: Welcome to ThePhotoForum :D!!!

LaFoto said:
If I were you, I'd be extremely wary of these kinds of photo contests and winning promises. I would assume all contestants received the same reply and promise to have THEIR photo published in a book. I can't quite believe it is so easy to get one's photo into a book...

well my brother had a photo that he put on that site published in a book a few years back and i have the book. and it is in there. and it's being republished in the same book my picture is being published in...and they have all kinds of books with peoples pictures in them...they make photographer books or whatever you wanna call them. just filled with different peoples photos and stuff.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back