Picture Sizes

Invincible

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Canon Rebel XSi EOS D-SLR and when I take pictures, then upload them to my website, they always come out like 2000 width by 2000 height. Is there anyway to make my pictures smaller like 500 width by 500 height through my camera or do I have to keep on using Adobe Photoshop CS2 to resize every single picture? Thanks.

Well, that's not the right ratio for width to height, are your photos shot in square format? You can change the size in photoshop in the image menu.

Welcome to the forum.

You can set your camera to record images at a smaller size (RTFM), but then you risk not having enough resolution when you need it.

You don't need a lot of resolution for displaying images on the internet...but you need a lot more for printing. So if you might want to print your photos (especially larger prints) then you might want to keep the camera set to it's maximum size.

You can easily resize images using Photoshop. You can even create an 'action' to automatically resize images and save a copy in a separate folder...then apply that action to a whole batch of images.

Well, that's not the right ratio for width to height, are your photos shot in square format? You can change the size in photoshop in the image menu.
Sorry, if you want me to be more exact, what I mean't is that my pictures come out like 4272 width and 2848 height. As for square format, um, I think so? I'm still kinda new to this camera and I have been reading the whole manual and searching websites and yet I still cannot find out how to change the picture sizes.

Welcome to the forum.

You can set your camera to record images at a smaller size (RTFM), but then you risk not having enough resolution when you need it.

You don't need a lot of resolution for displaying images on the internet...but you need a lot more for printing. So if you might want to print your photos (especially larger prints) then you might want to keep the camera set to it's maximum size.

You can easily resize images using Photoshop. You can even create an 'action' to automatically resize images and save a copy in a separate folder...then apply that action to a whole batch of images.
How do I create this action?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back