Pictures from around town C&C Please!

lopster99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Borrowed my uncles tripod tonight and just tried messing around with my camera, I never took pictures at night and seems like the pictures at night are my favorite. Im new to photography so here is what i got not perfect by any means, so any advice to make them better would be helpful.

Thanks

Dennis

3039848420_3bbbe38ab8_o.jpg

3039010867_7917049368_o.jpg

3039011141_4347756012_o.jpg

I think your shots are little blurry due to in camera shake......great shots though.

Thanks, call me dumb but can anyone tell me what that means "in camera shake"? Before i couldn't take pics because i couldnt hold camera steady enough now i got the tripod and it still shakes? :gah:

if you are get ether a wireless or a wired shutter release button. Or set you camera on the timer and that should fix that problem.

hmmm.. i was using the timer on the camera 2 second i believe

well then it could be one of two things that the
1. You where not focused when you took the picture
2. the way you had your camera set up the lights might make it look blurry
3. Or possibly i guess a smug on the lens

Hmm. 3 really caught my eye... It looks like Vancouver at night!

I would use the ten sec. timer if I were you, they do seems shaky

Nice shots though

Thanks for the comments/advice everyone :D

Well tonight I went out again stopped at the same spot. Cleaned my lense and also i used a 12 second timer. I personally think they look a little better but here they are so you be the judge! Again if anything i can do to better these pictures let me know please, i want to become a good/decent photographer! :cheers:
3041557665_54e01ee1c1_o.jpg

3041557971_f64518161b_o.jpg

3042401082_7af92acd24_o.jpg

Last edited:
I like number 3 in the second set, 1 and 2 seem a little grainy

thanks for the input downing. Can you tell me what you mean by grainy? And what to do to correct this?

Thanks

Dennis

Nice shooting. Im diggin the shot of the trains best.
One tiny thing I learned about night photography....I was oot and aboot one time, had the tripod, the remote, the hole shebangs.. but when I got home I noticed that some of my images were still blurry. It was a windy night, and after talking to a photog buddy, he said, sometimes if you dont secure the camera strap, the movement from it blowing in the wind, can shake enough to cause a little bit of a blur. :D

Chiller thanks for the comments and that piece of advice. I guess i might just take the strap off next time because I did have it on, and it was 30 degrees outside and pretty windy.. makes sense! Looks like im going back out tonight to give it another try! :cheers:

Also your tripod could be too lightweight, tie something reasonably heavy to it, I use my camera bag but a brick or other weight will do the job, set it up before putting the camera on though. H

Most reactions

Back