Pictures from the Dragstrip

Silverado_13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.atlpf.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please harshly C&C these! I can't get better if people keep telling me, "Good shots". :thumbup:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4-1.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

nice pictures

but if you only had more panning photos :D

i always wanted to take photos in a dragstrip, but never had the authorization to get down to the dragstrip, so the only photos i've taken for drags is from the stand :(

<< the last one is the best!!

1. Nice pics.

2. Which ride is yours?

3. How did you do?

For all the pictures except the last - for the love of God, PLEASE fix the horizon tilt!

What happened to the SRT?

And yea, most of these would be better if they were straightened.

nice pictures

but if you only had more panning photos :D

i always wanted to take photos in a dragstrip, but never had the authorization to get down to the dragstrip, so the only photos i've taken for drags is from the stand :(

<< the last one is the best!!

I'll make sure to have more panning shots next time! :thumbup:

1. Nice pics.

2. Which ride is yours?

3. How did you do?

1. Thank you.

2. My ride is not pictured. I drive a 1999 Camaro SS with an LQ4 (6.0L Cadillac) swapped motor. Here's a picture my buddy got on the way to the track. He sent me the original and I edited it.

rollin.jpg

3. I ran pretty consistent in the 11.8x's. My best time of the day was an 11.81 @ 115.95 mph with a 1.68 60 foot.

For all the pictures except the last - for the love of God, PLEASE fix the horizon tilt!

Yeah, I have no excuse for that one. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll re-edit them and fix the tilt. :thumbup:

What happened to the SRT?

And yea, most of these would be better if they were straightened.

Which SRT? The black one that I posted pictures up about a month ago? That's a buddy of mine's car. He still hasn't run it at the track... :(

Nice pictures! track days are always fun! i just posted some pictures from my weekend at the track in this gallery section too :)

BTW, nice Camaro!

Your 2nd picture..

Just changing to DR's or did something mess up?

Oh, yup. I took that picture right when we got to the track. He was putting the slicks on. :thumbup:

He ran a 12.9 with a 1.9 60 foot. Not too bad for a little four banger with 200 bucks worth of mods.

Oh, yup. I took that picture right when we got to the track. He was putting the slicks on. :thumbup:

He ran a 12.9 with a 1.9 60 foot. Not too bad for a little four banger with 200 bucks worth of mods.

Yea, I actually know him.. Chad.. hah. Just ran across his pictures on the SRTforums.

I like 3 & 6 best (action shot & glamour shot respectively)...the others are too "behind the scenes" if that makes any sense - they are just drag racing cars, not drag racing...

Please harshly C&C these! I can't get better if people keep telling me, "Good shots". :thumbup:

Okay, here goes.

These could have been taken anywhere. If I didn't know it was at a dragstrip, I never would have guessed.

Show me a light tree, show me burnouts, show me the traps. Show me what it looks like down the strip. I want to see excitement and feel it in the photos. Show me an engine bay that has only an engine in it. Show me tires that don't belong on the street. Show me the inside of one of those babies with a racing harness and fire extinguisher. Show me a story of drag racing.

I remember going to the dragstrip when I was a teen, watching the funny cars and dragsters race. The pro stocks were cool too, but there's nothing like standing by the fence, feeling the heat from the deafening funnys blasting past, flames blowing out of the headers towards my buddy and me.

If you're at the strip to race, race to win. If you're there to photograph, show me the story in photos.

Most reactions

Back