Pictures look too dark on PCs

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Chase made a joke! Who'da thunk it? :shock: :lol:

And on that note we can let this thread die a overdue death. :wink: 8)

Jim

Hey there,

I'm not sure if anyone picked up on it, but Mac video settings are by default brighter than that of PCs. If anyone is fortunate enough to have a PC and a Mac side by side, with the same build of Photoshop viewing the exact same photo on the same brand/model of display (same display settings) you'll notice this.

Also, a brand new LCD display may appear more brilliant than a well used CRT display.

I hope this helps.

Regard,
cHUCk in Melbourne :idea: 8)

Ganimede is correct

The default monitor gamma for the Mac OS is 1.8, whereas the default for computers running Windows is 2.2

In photographic terms that is (approx) a 2-stop difference

Users with Adobe Photoshop can adjust their images in "Colour Settings" for their intended output (i will presume other image software has similar tools, but don't really know)

And, yes cHUCk, I am "fortunate enough" to have Macs & PCs running alongside - but won't enter *that* debate, lol!

:)

e_

now now guys. We could go on all day on mac vs pc.

I have a power book g4 and have build 2 of my own pc's.

I can see that mac can be more user friendly, and you must admit they are great to look at.

As far as my pc goes. I never have peoples with it. If you keep the system clean and dont run ME... (lol) works for me.

I have photoshop7 on both, and it runs fine on both.

So, as for me I will just use what works for me.

PS if you want games dont even both with a mac.

True to you both.

Hmmm, I really don't care about Mac vs PC. There's a place for everything. I love BOTH platforms, they both have their strengths and I choose to focus on them!

Though, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't understand why there has to be two different versions of iPod for each platform! It's crazy! :x

Regard,
cHUCk in Melbourne

Most reactions

New Topics

Back