Pictures of My Kiddo - C&C welcome

FlickerLight

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some pictures of my oldest from October. I am thinking about adding all of them, besides the first one, to my portraits section of my website. What do you all think? C&C welcome!

1.) This was a fun shot. I don't really like the feet and diaperbag in the background, but it's not like I had much time when running around the bench trying to get pictures.

DSC_00374.jpg

2.) Peek...
DSC_00315.jpg

3.) A-Boo!

DSC_00326.jpg

4.) Hi!

DSC_00275.jpg

5.) I'm gonna reach it!

DSC_00206.jpg

Your 4th shot is great IMO!
Good frame job, perfect catch on the facial expression..
Such an adorable little girl too :thumbup:

Cute pics and cute little girl but I would consider them all snapshots. Fine for snapshots but all have technical problems IMHO. I would not consider them "portrait worthy" if you are trying to convince me why I should use you as a photographer.

Cute pics and cute little girl but I would consider them all snapshots. Fine for snapshots but all have technical problems IMHO. I would not consider them "portrait worthy" if you are trying to convince me why I should use you as a photographer.

What, in your opinion, makes them snapshotty? I would really like to try and improve my quality, so advice would be much appreciated.

I'm a newbie so I can't say much about technical stuff. :)
I gotta say the 4th shot is one that I like. Your little one is adorable.

You yourself said you were running around snapping pics and I believe that is reflected in the photographs. Nothing wrong with that, that is the pleasure and beauty of snapshots. But I wouldn't hire a photographer to take snapshots and wouldn't choose a photographer based on what I consider to be snapshots. When I'm looking to hire a portrait photographer I don't want to see snapshots in their portrait portfolio. My opinion.

1. Cute pose but the highlights are blown out on the face. And as you said, the boots and bag in the background are distracting. I don't care for the framing. Cutting off at the bottom of the dress makes the torso appear elongated and awkward.

2 and 3. Not very interesting and highlights on head are blown. Blurry image. Use a faster shutter speed for a moving child, perhaps?

4. Cute expression but the tilted horizon is distracting and cliche IMHO. Sharper focus in the eyes. The background is cluttered and distracting.

5. Highlights are blown again and the horizon isn't level. The hand is moving (may have wanted that effect) and is cut off at the fingers. Offering the viewer some interest in the foreground could've made it better IMHO. The black thing running across the top is distracting and the background is cluttered.

Much of that stuff doesn't matter so much for fun snapshots but I think are unacceptible for portraits for fee. Just my honest critique.

SoonerBJJ - i agree with basically everything you have said here.

Most reactions

Back